WDYT of Miriam or Naomi

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like best?

Respondents: 48 (This poll is closed)

• I like Naomi. : 12 (25%)
  • I like Miriam. : 13 (27%)
  • I’m not a fan of either. : 4 (8%)
  • Like them both.: 19 (40%)

I love the name [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]!!

I find them both beautiful in a classic way. I slightly prefer [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], which has cute nickname potential.

I like both. [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] is lovely I love the nn [name_f]Miri[/name_f] and [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] is my nieces name. I call her [name_f]Mimi[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] but think [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] sounds more like a sister to [name_f]Anna[/name_f] (and lends itself just as well to [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] as [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] does).

I prefer [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]. [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] has a more youthful and bright quality to her while still being able to age well with a person. These are similar qualities that I find with [name_f]Anna[/name_f] so I like this sibset too. [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] is not my style, it feels a bit bitter to me.

I think [name_f]Nomi[/name_f] is a cute nickname for [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]. But I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f]'s sister sounds like [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]. [name_f]Miri[/name_f] or [name_f]Mira[/name_f] are both adorable.

I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], naomi just sounds really japanese, like i could picture a japanese or chinese girl having the name. Its cute and all, just sounds very much like it belongs to someone from around that culture.

Both are gorgeous and it’s really nice to see them being considered!

I slightly prefer [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], and it works beautifully as a sister for [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Miri[/name_f] or [name_f]Mim[/name_f] for short too!

Thanks for all the comments on the names [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]! It’s interesting that there seems to be generally positive feedback on both, though it doesn’t bring my any closer to preferring one over the other! But I suppose that’s a good problem to have! Thanks again!

I love [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]!! I also like [name_f]Naomi[/name_f].

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]!! :smiley:
I think the nickname [name_f]Miri[/name_f] is adorable.
While I don’t personally have anything against [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] (although it makes new think of “Mama’s Family” :wink: ) I much prefer [name_f]Miriam[/name_f].
Congratulations! :slight_smile:

I like them both but I prefer [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] overall.
I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] might make a better sibset, but I really like [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and all it’s possible nicknames.

[name_f]Mimi[/name_f] is a fun nickname for [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]! I hadn’t thought of it.

I prefer [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] with [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is too much N for me.

My name is [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] (and my middle name is actually [name_f]Anna[/name_f])! I didn’t love it when I was younger probably bc it felt a little old/serious and everyone I knew was named [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] or [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] or something, but I’ve come to love it, so few people have the name!

My friends call me [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] or [name_f]Miri[/name_f] and my family calls me [name_f]Midge[/name_f] but there are about a million nicknames to pick from. I love the name [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] but my vote is for [name_f]Miriam[/name_f].