WDYT of mn Brighid?

I could use some feedback on our mn top choice for our daughter. Her fn will likely be either [name]Petra[/name] or [name]Lucienne[/name], nn [name]Lucie[/name]. We want something mythological or legend-based in origin. Her twin brother”s middle name will be [name]Ulysses[/name] (the [name]Roman[/name] name for [name]Odysseus[/name] from the Odyssey & Iliad). For [name]Petra[/name]/[name]Lucie[/name], we”re thinking [name]Brighid[/name] (Irish goddess and saint). What do you think? We”re also considering [name]Calliope[/name] and [name]Artemisia[/name] (but [name]Petra[/name] [name]Artemisia[/name] seems hard to say). What do you think of these combos? Other suggestions welcome (preferably classical or Celtic in origin, due to our backgrounds). Thanks!

Why not [name]Petra[/name] [name]Artemis[/name]? That was, after all, the goddess’s name! I’ve never seen [name]Brigid[/name] spelled with an h before, but I like the sound of it with both of your first names. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Brighid[/name] just fine, I think it fits well with your Celtic and goddess requirements. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce it? The Irish way to pn it is BREED, or do you say it more like [name]Bridget[/name] ([name]BRIDGE[/name]-it) is pn in the US? Depending on how you say it I think it would only work with these combos:
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Brighid[/name] ([name]BRIDGE[/name]-it)
[name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Brighid[/name] (BREED)
[name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Brighid[/name] ([name]BRIDGE[/name]-it)

Other ideas:
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Avalon[/name]

Irish:
[name]Ciara[/name] ([name]KEER[/name]-a)
[name]Bevin[/name]/[name]Bevan[/name]
Keevin
[name]Keelin[/name]
[name]Cliona[/name]/[name]Cleona[/name] (klee-ona) A legend fairy woman

If you like Irish names check out the book “O’[name]Baby[/name], The Irish [name]Baby[/name] Name Book” by [name]Geoffrey[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]

Phia: I love the goddess figure of [name]Artemis[/name], but I actually don”t like the name itself! [name]Hence[/name] [name]Artemisia[/name], which I love, and has the added bonus of invoking [name]Artemisia[/name] Gentileschi. As for the h in [name]Brighid[/name], I think that”s just one of many ways to spell it! :slight_smile:

Mollyk: The funny thing is, I don”t actually have a personal preference as to the pronunciation–but we”ll probably go with [name]BRIDGE[/name]-it, for simplicity”s sake (since we’re in the US). Thanks for your feedback about that, and for the other name suggestions. I really like [name]Iris[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], and [name]Avalon[/name], and [name]Cliona[/name] is definitely food for thought.

Thanks!

I like [name]Brighid[/name] with both of your first name choices.

I love [name]Brighid[/name],any way you spell it (I’ve seen many). I think [name]Petra[/name] [name]Brighid[/name] is very nice.

Thank you for the feedback, all!

Brighida (hard g) was one of the kids from Sound of [name]Music[/name] kiddos and I loved her the most!

[name]Diana[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Delia[/name], [name]Cynthia[/name], and [name]Selena[/name] are all moon-goddess names like [name]Artemis[/name]