Wdyt of my top 10 boy's name list?

I’d love to hear other people’s opinion on my top 10. All of these are names I’d probably use if I had a boy.

[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefan[/name_m]
[name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]

2 Likes

Rating 1 out of 5!

[name_m]Victor[/name_m]: I like it- I used to think of it as an older man’s name but recently met a young victor. However, I’m not a huge fan of the nickname [name_u]Vic[/name_u]. 2

[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]: Fun fact-- when my dad was working at a hotel in the 80s they ran out of nametags with his name so they gave him a random one- [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]! Have a soft spot for this name but I don’t think I would use it- reminds me a little of dalmation, and I’m not sure if I like any of the possible nicknames. 3

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m]: [name_m]Stefan[/name_m] is handsome! I have bad associations with “stephen” and “steven”, and I love the softness of the ‘f’ sound. 3

[name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]: I would love to see this name used more!! It’s suave and handsome, and has so many cute nickname possibilities- [name_u]Sal[/name_u], [name_m]Tore[/name_m], [name_m]Vito[/name_m]. 4

[name_u]Kai[/name_u]: I’ve met a few great Kai’s. It’s short, simple, and sweet. Big fan! 5

[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]: I’ve never met a [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]- I see the name more in novels than in real life! But I don’t think that takes away from the appeal. It’s very mysterious and I love the nn [name_m]Ly[/name_m] or [name_u]Sander[/name_u]. 5

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]: I think [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] is so cute! However, I’m not a fan of “Zeke”. [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] gives me biblical vibes that I think would be really lovely juxtaposed with the modern day. I love the unexpected combination of the e, z, and k. 5

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]: I like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], and love the nickname [name_u]Nat[/name_u]. It reminds me a little of the american revolution/ colonial times though, which isn’t my style. 4

[name_m]Evander[/name_m]: I LOVE EVANDER! Nickname Ev is one of my top all-time favorites. It’s sharp, unique, and has a touch of fantasy without being too ‘out there’. 5

[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]: I’m not a huge fan of [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], but I don’t mind [name_u]Ari[/name_u]. 2

Overall, I love this list!! The names work well together and I think they’d all work wonderfully in the real world.

1 Like

Victor - strong and distinct, with cool literary vibes

Dominic - familiar but underused

Stefan - i enjoy the warm and gentle sound while it still has strength

Salvatore -pretty bold and full of flair

Kai - sparky and cool

Lysander - love the elegance and literary feel. Out of interest, how do you personally pronounce Lysander?

Ezekiel - I want to like it but I find it a bit awkward

Nathaniel - sophisticated and classic

Evander -love this. Rugged and lovely

Ariel -literary and interesting with a cool meaning

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts-

Victor-I don’t have a problem w/this name, but it’s just not my favorite. I feel like it’s a tad stuffy maybe. At least it’s different w/out being weird. That’s always a plus.

Dominic-This is kind of cool. It’s strong & warm & slightly exotic but very approachable.

Stefan-I do prefer this to [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]. It feels international & sleek. I don’t love it…but it’s a neat name anyway.

Salvatore-Ooh, very handsome. It’s fancy but not too over the top. It has great nns of [name_u]Sal[/name_u] & [name_m]Satch[/name_m] also.

Kai-It’s pretty cute. Kind of gives me a surfer dude vibe, which I really like. I also am loving [name_m]Caius[/name_m] nn [name_u]Cai[/name_u] lately.

Lysander-It’s not awful, but I just don’t like the sound. Not sure why. I like the nn [name_m]Lad[/name_m]!

Ezekiel-My friends just named their little baby this. It’s so big & strong sounding; kind of a lot for the little bean, but I suppose he’ll grow into it. [name_u]Zeke[/name_u] is a fun nn if you like that.

Nathaniel-That’s handsome. I think that [name_m]Nate[/name_m] is charming too.

Evander-Not into this one, but it’s not unpleasant. I just don’t like the way it sounds.

Ariel-Loving this for a girl recently. I know that it’s a popular boy name in [name_u]Israel[/name_u], but just feels feminine to me.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dominic, Stefan and Evander are so handsome! I’ve always wanted to like Lysander, but it just doesn’t sound very nice when I say it out loud. Ariel is too associated with the Disney princess for me, but I think it could definitely work and has an appealing sound. Nathaniel is a good strong name, but nothing special to me – if you love it, then I think it is a really solid choice though! Kai is a bit too modern for me, and Victor a bit too dated. Ezekiel and Salvatore are both very cool!

These are just my opinions, and I think you’ve got a great list overall!

1 Like

[name_m]Victor[/name_m]- 0.1 reminds of vector from despicable me
Dominic-4 good safe non-laughable name
Stefan-4 same as [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]- 3 not my favorite but it’s okay
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]- either a -2 or a 5 it’s a good name but 90% of the people I’ve met with that name are jerks
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]- 2 going to have the substitute teachers stumbling
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]- 4.3 I actually really like this name
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]- no opinion it’s my brothers, but I can say that it’s my brother’s name and it has served him no problems
Evander-4
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]- 2 under the sea

1 Like

kai, lysander, nathaniel & evander are beautiful!!

1 Like

Great list! :heart_eyes:

I especially love:
[name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m] and [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]

Not a fan of [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] or [name_m]Stefan[/name_m] personally but like all the rest :heart_eyes:

1 Like