WDYT of my Top Names?

Hey. I’ve just recently figured out my top choice for a boy and a girl (not pregnant, btw), and wanted to know what you guys think. [name_f]Do[/name_f] they work as combos, and do they work well together?

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]John[/name_m] are family names; [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] are variations of family names, and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] are GP names that I love!

Please be honest, but not too harsh as I really love these names!

Thanks
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is handsome. If I could switch things up, I adore [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]. Although I am not fond of [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], I like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. If I could switch things up, [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I love [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f], or [name_m]John[/name_m] “[name_m]Jack[/name_m]” and [name_f]Margot[/name_f], as a sibling set. I like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a sibling set.

I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], so much. I plan on using both [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]John[/name_m] myself since they are the names of both my grandfathers. I’m staying away from [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] though because of the potential AJ nickname that I just loath. I’ve recently falling in love with [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]. This is such a handsome name.

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] isn’t my style. It’s too much of a nickname for me, and not something I can see standing alone. I love the previous suggestion of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. I love both [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

Thanks for the responses so far.

@lovemysweeties - I’m not really interested in changing the combos round too much as I really want [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] to be the first names. But thanks for the ideas!

@callalily - [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]John[/name_m] are the names of my grandfathers too! I never thought about the potential nn AJ (which I’m not too fond of either), but I think it’s avoidable. I did used to worry that [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is too nicknamey but it is used as a full name quite often here, I’ve heard it a few times and it works really well, I just think it’s so adorable!

Bumping up for more opinions, thanks!

I love both of them. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is so handsome. And I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f], though I like [name_f]Nelle[/name_f] a bit better. Great names.

@omri - thanks, so glad you like them! [name_f]Nelle[/name_f] is nice, but I think I prefer the simpler [name_f]Nell[/name_f] x

Bumping up again, thanks!

I think they’re both lovely.

These are mostly names I’m kind of neutral about (nice but not favorites, you know?), but the combos are great! [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is a guilty pleasure of mine right now, actually. They’re classy without being too boring, so I love them!

I love both combos so, so much! [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is so handsome and distinguished! And I think [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is stunning. [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is such a GP for me as well and I just find this combo so charming and sweet. [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is such a lovely name and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] are strong middle names as well.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I’m glad the consensus is positive.

@birchwood29 - so glad you love them! You described how I feel about them too so well - handsome and distinguished, charming and sweet.

Are you still wanting more opinions? I think they are good names, but I also think that if you love them so much (and it sounds like you very much do) then it doesn’t matter what we all think. Go for it.

I think that [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] work really nicely together. As for the flow of the combos, depending on your last name, I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] would sound and look better as well as not sound like “[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]” is a double first name.
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] does have a nice flow on paper (it’s the same pattern as my [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], which I personally think flows well) yet [name_f]Margot[/name_f] feels tacked on to me when I say it out loud. It’s less so [name_f]Margot[/name_f] that seems to be the problem but rather the combination of [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] with [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as the first name, rather than connect [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] breaks the name apart and pulls the focus.

I went through a couple of other names in my head (and out loud) and found that “softer” names such as [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] or [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] (even [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]) seem to connect the names better, make the combo feel more as one.