WDYT of Odette

I started thinking about Odette lately, something that I had not done before because that was my english teacher’s name and she was older so I never saw how beautiful the name really is
I like to think of it as a sweet and delicate name altough it does not have any nicknames which I love
Im thinking of Odette as a sister to Fallon, do you think it works?
However, I have a problem… Where I live it is written Odete and Falon which kinda throws me of… do you think the names lose their sparkle when written like this? or do you think is just cause i’m not use to seeing it written down like that?

They have very different vibes to me.
Odette feels very feminine, french, makes me think of old limestone buildings, antique books and pearls.
Fallon is very American to me; skyscrapers, city noises, cocktails and bright colours.
If I saw them together, I wouldn’t expect them to be siblings, I think.

As for the spellings, I actually quite like Odete; Falon, however, looks a little lacking to me, as well as, rather masculine (not a problem, obviously, but just makes them feel even more different to me).

However, if you like both names, I don’t see a reason why you shouldn’t use them together unless one would be perceived as a lot more outlandish or different than the other.

I adore [name_f]Odette[/name_f]! I think it’s a gorgeous name. [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] isn’t a name I really think too much about, I’m kind of indifferent to it, but I think [name_f]Odette[/name_f] & [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] have a kind of sweet, mismatched charm which is nice, I like them together. I prefer them both spelled with the double letters, it just looks more complete to me.

2 Likes

I think they are great together, and I think you can spell it the way you prefer!

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Odette[/name_f]. Sleek, stylish and under-used. I don’t really see it working well next to [name_u]Fallon[/name_u]. [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is so overtly feminine and continental, whereas [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] is unisex and Celtic - just seem different vibes that OpheliaFlora has explained much better than I could.

Nns for [name_f]Odette[/name_f]: [name_f]Dottie[/name_f], [name_f]Dot[/name_f], [name_f]Dede[/name_f], [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_f]Dodie[/name_f], [name_f]Dodo[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] Odette!! I really like [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] too but I agree they have pretty different vibes to me

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Odette[/name_f]. It’s on my list too and the only [name_f]Odette[/name_f] I’ve ever heard of (knew the mom, never met the daughter) is now elementary school-aged if I am not mistaken. A twin to [name_f]Siobhan[/name_f], which also has a really different vibe from [name_f]Odette[/name_f] (perhaps even more different than with Fallon), but it works for them anyway. So as long as it doesn’t bother you, go for it anyway.

I strongly prefer [name_f]Odette[/name_f] spelling. Odete looks incomplete to me.

1 Like

Odette is only one of my favorite names of all time. I’ve loved it since I as a little girl.

As for the spellings, if that’s conventional where you live/is linguistic relevant, then I’m in favor of using them. Odete and Falon are still lovely names.

1 Like

[name_f]Odette[/name_f] is elegant and bright! I do think [name_f]Odette[/name_f] and [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] are a little mismatched but they could work

1 Like