WDYT of Olesia

Sorry for the multiple posts but I have finally found a few more girls names that I like… (now just to ask DH)…but…

What do you think about the name [name]Olesia[/name]? (OH-LESS-EEE-[name]AH[/name])

[name]Love[/name]? Like? DOnt like? Hate?

What nn would you use???

I ike it. It is a nice spin on [name]Olivia[/name]/[name]Alivia[/name] and [name]Alicia[/name]/[name]Elissa[/name] names. I think is sounds sweet and unique and a hint exotic. What are you considering for mn’s?

[name]Olesia[/name] [name]Cadence[/name]
[name]Olesia[/name] [name]Berenice[/name]
[name]Olesia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Olesia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Olesia[/name] [name]Rylan[/name]
[name]Olesia[/name] [name]Collette[/name]
[name]Olesia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I like the nn’s Oli, [name]Les[/name] or [name]Essie[/name]

I know a little Russian girl with this name. She doesn’t have a nickname as such.
Cute name.

very sweet!

Pronunciation not what I would’ve guessed. The short E makes sense when I see what it comes from… so it’s already a nickname.

I guessed Oh-lezh-ee-a fyi. It’s OK. I like the letter O, but it sort of evokes the name of a chemical to me, like oleo margarine or something. I’d like the nn Sia!

My daughter had a preschool teacher by this name - I think her nicname was [name]Lessie[/name] - but all the kids called her Miss Lezzie because that is how they pronounced it. so, I don’t know… prety name but may be some teasing potential there. If I loved the name the potential teasing of this nauture would not necessarily scare me off of it though.

This is my favorite girl’s name starting with O. I think it’s a great name!

I don’t like it…I don’t any of the possible nicknames…not my style at all

I hate to say this, but it reminds me very strongly of Olestra, the artificial fat substitute that was on the market a few years back, and that had the unfortunate side effect of causing diarrhea. If not for that I would find it a very pretty name, although not intuitively easy to pronounce correctly.

Really pretty, but very Russian. A wonderful heritage choice, I think, but perhaps not terribly usable if there’s no family connection.

I agree that it “sounds a bit pharmaceutical.” Difficult to pronounce too.

I absolutely love it! I have seen it several times (spelled [name]Olesya[/name], though), and I can’t help but smile every time I see it. It’s the Russian form of [name]Alexia[/name]/[name]Alexandra[/name], I believe. I think [name]Josef[/name] and [name]Olesia[/name]/[name]Olesya[/name] would be so adorable together! Very Eastern European. :slight_smile: