WDYT of our top boy's name?

Only a few weeks to go and so far our lead name for a boy is… [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u].

I love the name because it’s easy to say and spell, but different enough to stand out. I know he’ll probably end up being called ‘[name_u]Sully[/name_u]’, but I’d prefer the nickname ‘[name_u]Van[/name_u]’ so I think I’d try to encourage that.
To me, [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] has a bit of spunk and would be a cool kid but equally it’s a name that can transfer over to an adult.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] want to get people’s thoughts on this name. P.S. We live in Australasia.

I love it. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is friendly, jovial, jaunty, easy to say and spell, familiar but not overused, a real winner, in my opinion. The nn [name_u]Van[/name_u] is great too. I know someone named [name_u]Van[/name_u], and I think it is amongst the coolest and jazziest names in existence.

I really love it! [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is gorgeous.

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is a nice name, [name_u]Sully[/name_u] is cute for a boy, [name_u]Van[/name_u] is nice too and definitely sounds like a nn a teenager/young adult would want to use. I think it’s a great, diverse name.

I like it. [name_f]My[/name_f] BF named her son this last month. They call him [name_u]Sully[/name_u] which I think it sweet but maybe won’t make it past childhood.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]! I’m a huge fan of it and the nn [name_u]Sully[/name_u]. I don’t really get the appeal of [name_u]Van[/name_u], but I’ve never been a fan of [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] or [name_u]Van[/name_u]. Still, it’s a lovely name. I couldn’t really say how it’d work in Australia, though, as I’ve not been there. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks, everyone! That’s really helpful hearing what others’ opinions are on our name. I think we’ll definitely use it - if it’s a boy!
:smiley:

I love it! Maybe I have a soft spot for it because of Monsters Inc., but hey it’s not a bad association at all (for me) and [name_u]Sully[/name_u]/[name_u]Van[/name_u] are cute nicknames.

I think it’s a great name. Spunky & handsome. I also love [name_m]Donovan[/name_m].

Oh I love this name, almost made our short list but my brother is a -van so we decided it wouldn’t work. Plus its close to another we’ve picked :wink: but the fact that it almost made it is quite a feat for a name let me tell you so obviously I really like it. I like both the nns. We grew up watching dr [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] so sully we both think is a vary manly name. [name_u]Van[/name_u] is also good, didn’t stick on my brother though but maybe on your boy. If you love it use it I think its universally appreciated.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!!!

I love the name [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] nn [name_u]Sully[/name_u]. I think it is the perfect mix of framiliar but not over used. [name_u]Van[/name_u] is also an interesting nickname choice. I’ve never thought of that before.

I’m not a fan of the name, but if you like it, go for it!

I absolutely, positively, [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] IT!!!

Please use it!!! I do love the name!!!

Is [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] pronounced as [name_u]Sully[/name_u]-van? I prefer the nickname [name_u]Sully[/name_u] :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is cute and I know no one named [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] so it is a special name!

I love [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]! I think it’s a great name, and I personally find both [name_u]Sully[/name_u] and [name_u]Van[/name_u] very charming :slight_smile: