wdyt of Philo?

I’m kind of liking this lately. My only problem is that i can’t seem to separate it from Farnsworth. I say [name_m]Philo[/name_m] and my head automatically finishes with “Farnsworth.”

But i think i could easily get past that (since that’s a positive association for me anyway) and I’m wondering what people would think of a little boy named [name_m]Philo[/name_m].

What would you expect a little [name_m]Philo[/name_m] to be like? What about a teenager named [name_m]Philo[/name_m], and a young adult?

Honestly… because someone else might also make this connection somewhere down the line
As a chef, I can’t break the association with Phyllo (or Filo) pastry dough… not sure if children with access to ‘food network’ would also make this connection.
(Phyllo is the greek spelling, filo is the british spelling)

I have an ancestor named [name_m]Erastus[/name_m] [name_m]Philo[/name_m]…a lot of name for a little kid. [name_m]Philo[/name_m] isn’t terrible as a middle name, though.

Wow, I [name_f]Love[/name_f] it! As a teen, I think it would be so cool to meet a [name_m]Philo[/name_m]! It has an awesome meaning too, for love and freindship and trust. I will be putting this one on my namelist. Awesome!

Now I’m dying to make Baklava… I would avoid naming after pastry. You could do [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] ([name_u]Gill[/name_u]), [name_m]Callum[/name_m] ([name_u]Cal[/name_u]), to name a few.

I, too, thought of Phyllo dough.
And also, with the route philo/phil, there are many wonderful connections (a philomath, for example, is a lover of learning), but also bad ones, like pedophilia, hemophilia, necrophilia, zoophilia (bestiality), etc.

I’d never heard of it before (or of any of the associations) but I think it sounds really dashing, actually! I would pair it with a more common but longer middle name - [name_m]Philo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] sounds nice, as does [name_m]Philo[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]. Good luck - [name_m]Philo[/name_m] sounds great!

I was thinking of this name recently in connection with the [name_m]Clint[/name_m] [name_m]Eastwood[/name_m] character from ‘[name_f]Every[/name_f] which way but loose’ - [name_m]Philo[/name_m] Beddo prn fy-low rather than fee-low. It’s not a name I’ve ever come across and is a bit strange. I do think of Filo pastry as well. Not keen, sorry.

I love [name_m]Philo[/name_m]! A nice alternative to [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_u]Shilo[/name_u], in my opinion. It’s on my boy’s list :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Philo[/name_m]!

I think of pastries, but I’ve never heard of it before.

Aww I’ve never even heard of Phyllo pastry dough! [name_m]How[/name_m] common do you think it is?

I’m having such a hard time lately finding boy names that feel right and this one was starting to. sigh

[name_m]How[/name_m] many people do you think will make the pastry connection?

I literally only think of [name_m]Philo[/name_m] Farnsworth, the inventor, and thought it was such a delightful connection. It may be back to the drawing boards :confused:

Sorry :frowning:
That’s why I said from the start I’m a chef. I don’t do it for a living but I’ve loved cooking since childhood and my mom taught me the art of baking at a tender age.
I think any person who loves cooking/baking recipes beyond the basic would make the connection.

Anytime you have a dessert or a pie… It’s the pastry that is light, flaky and layered. It’s like a thin sheet of paper put in lots of layers and baked to a crisp. It tends to be used in alot of store bought desserts as it is cheaper to use than making pastry from scratch (or so says Mrs. Fields -yes the famous retailer- on supermarket superstar)

I also thought of Phyllo dough :slight_smile:

Yeah, I just think of the dough. sorry :frowning:

I’m not a chef, I just love Mediterranean food. And I did think of phyllo dough. Phyllo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also immediately thought of Phyllo dough.

Curse you, Phyllo dough

Isn’t phyllo pronounced fee-lo? That’s how I was taught. [name_m]Philo[/name_m] rhymes with [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. I grew up in [name_m]Philo[/name_m], [name_u]California[/name_u], which my ancestor [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] named after his favorite cousin. I also once had a dog named [name_m]Philo[/name_m]. I love it, but I’m biased obviously.

Oh is it really??

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you guys pronounce Phyllo??