WDYT of Pierre as a first name?

I love [name_m]Pierre[/name_m]!!

It’s so charming. It sounds very chic, stylish and haute couture. It’s a magnificent internacional name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s very easy to pronounce, so I truly believe it works outside a [name_u]French[/name_u] speaking country. I think you should really keep it on your list, specially because it is so meaningful to you.

Yes!! Absolutely. I agree 100% with this.

1 Like

I have a student named [name_m]Pierre[/name_m]! I think it’s very usable. It’s a handsome name!

1 Like

It’s great - don’t be scared! If it’s your grandfather’s name, that’s a pass card for almost anything. If you’d ever feel uncomfortable about it when people ask why, the answer is always “It’s my grandfather’s name.” Also, with so many ethnic names flying around now, why should [name_m]Pierre[/name_m], a well-known [name_u]French[/name_u] name be offbase?

I’m all for the sentimental value, and [name_m]Pierre[/name_m] is completely underused, very known, and has an original sound from most other names you hear around.

1 Like

Thank you for this very refreshing and inspirational response :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Oh - thank you so much! Yes - maybe [name_m]Pierre[/name_m] deserves another look as a first name contender. I didn’t think of using the line, ‘It’s my grandfather’s name’ to appease people if they were to ask why we’d chosen it. That’s genius! :wink:

1 Like

I live in the US & I think it’s nice.

1 Like

I think [name_m]Pierre[/name_m] is perfectly usable, at least from my perspective as a [name_u]Brit[/name_u]. However, I wpuldnt pair it with a [name_u]French[/name_u] surname unless least one parent is french.
Alternatively, if you wanted to honour [name_m]Pierre[/name_m] but use a slightly more anglicised version, you could go with [name_m]Piers[/name_m] or other spellings