WDYT of the following girl name?

My mother passed away very suddenly 7 years ago and when I got pregnant with my daughter, I was going to use the name Jaina “[name]Janie[/name]” [name]Noelle[/name] to honor my mother [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Noelle[/name] combines my name with my husband’s name ([name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Joelle[/name]). I didn’t use the name and have regretted it ever since. I even had a dream that my mom told me that I was having a baby girl and that I was going to name her Jaina [name]Noelle[/name]. We ended up naming my daughter [name]Corinne[/name] “[name]Cori[/name]” [name]Jane[/name] to honor my mom instead. Well I have since had a son and now we are pregnant with baby #3 and I am thinking about using Jaina [name]Noelle[/name] for a girl since I didn’t use it the first time. I hate the fact that I didn’t use it the first time and if I have a girl I have another chance.

I like the fact that [name]BOTH[/name] of my daughters would honor my mom ([name]Jane[/name] as a middle name and then Jaina as a first name) but what are your thoughts on this??? Would it be stupid if I used Jaina even though my daughter’s middle name is [name]Jane[/name]?

And, what are your thoughts on Jaina “[name]Janie[/name]” [name]Noelle[/name] as a sister to [name]Corinne[/name] “[name]Cori[/name]” [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Weston[/name] “[name]Wes[/name]” [name]David[/name]?

I think it’s really sweet that Jaina is in memory of your dear mom, but it honestly looks and sounds trendy/invented to me. :frowning: Plus, your daughter, [name]Corinne[/name] [name]Jane[/name], already has [name]Jane[/name] in her name. For me, Jaina would be repetitive and less classy than [name]Jane[/name]. (I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jane[/name]!)

I agree, I love [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Janie[/name].

I would go with Jaina or [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Jana[/name] unless you call the older one [name]Cori[/name] [name]Jane[/name] all the time. If you just call her [name]Cori[/name], I think it’s a good deal since the name is significant to you and it should be to them. If you already call the older one [name]Cori[/name] [name]Jane[/name], then no.

Also, love the name [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Weston[/name]. I don’t think Jaina looks invented, it looks more like maybe a variation from another nationality/language. Keep in mind Jainism is a religious belief, which may cause hesitation in spelling it that way if it counters your own views: Jainism - Wikipedia

This is just a suggestion, but it might be nice to name the baby [name]Noelle[/name] (for you and your husband) and have the middle name be [name]Jane[/name] (or Jaina, but I prefer [name]Jane[/name] personally). That way, you still accomplish honoring your mom and you, and use the name you wanted. Plus your daughters can share a middle name. My best friend and her two older sisters share a middle name and they really think its a nice and special thing.

I love the names you have chosen for your two older children and I’m sure you will come up with an equally lovely name for your third! :slight_smile: