WDYT of the name Dolly?

I have been thinking about it a lot lately, but can’t decide if I think the name is ridiculously cute or just a bit odd.
What’s your reaction? I think we are going to have a [name]Willa[/name] (due in 6 weeks), and was thinking maybe [name]Dolly[/name] would be a cute sibling name?

I love [name]Dolly[/name], but more for a nickname.I’m considering using it as a nn for a future daughter. [name]IMO[/name] it would be a fine sibling name with [name]Willa[/name].

I, too, would use [name]Dolly[/name] as a nn. I wouldn’t have ever considered the name but I now teach a [name]Dolly[/name]. Was intrigued to meet her given her name but now, of course, like any name, the person makes the name and I no longer really think about the name - just the person. I think the [name]Dolly[/name] I know rocks the name - a little bit cheeky and a little but quirky.

[name]Dolly[/name] [name]Parton[/name].

I think [name]Dolly[/name] is way to cutsey for a given name, but as a nickname, its great! I do immediately think of [name]Dolly[/name] [name]Parton[/name] though >.<

[name]Dahlia[/name] or [name]Dorothy[/name] nn [name]Dolly[/name] could be cute.

I think its a super cute nn for a little girl, but I would be hesitant about seeing a Dr. [name]Dolly[/name] Lastname or going to the [name]Law[/name] Office of [name]Dolly[/name] Lastname.

I love it and think it’s adorable! I would consider using it as a nn for [name]Dolores[/name] or [name]Dahlia[/name] (it works with how I say [name]Dahlia[/name]!) but I’m not sure it works all on it’s own…but if [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] work, why not [name]Dolly[/name]? I love [name]Dolly[/name] [name]Parton[/name], so I don’t mind that association at all!

Only [name]Dolly[/name] [name]Parton[/name]

I think it’s really cute, but I would give her a more standard first name and nickname her [name]Dolly[/name].

As a nickname, I think it’s lovely - very sweet for a child. As a full name, it’s insubstantial and twee.

I recommend naming your daughter [name]Dorothy[/name] and nicknaming her [name]Dolly[/name] - it gives her a bit of flexibility as she grows up. There are times in life when you want to be taken seriously and that, I imagine, could be hard if you were named [name]Dolly[/name].

[name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] are utterly charming together! [name]Dolly[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] are also nice but I’m not sure if I’m a fan of the repeating ‘L’ sounds in both together.

[name]Dolly[/name] as a nickname for [name]GwenDOLYn[/name] is one of the sweetest! I think [name]Willa[/name] & [name]Gwendolyn[/name] make very pretty sisters.

xo [name]Viv[/name]

[name]Love[/name] the suggestion by the PP of [name]GwenDOLYn[/name]!! [name]Dolly[/name] would be a cute NN… but I wouldn’t use it as a given name.

I love it! My grandma is [name]Dolly[/name] [name]Maxine[/name]. You could have her go by a more formal middle name if you are worried about it being too childish.

Blech, I just don’t like it. It’s so cutesy.

[name]Willa[/name] and [name]Dolly[/name] would be so cute together! I do think that [name]Dolly[/name] would be a better nickname, though. Maybe for [name]Dorothy[/name]?