WDYT of the names Clark and Ian?

They’re not ranked too high and I was wondering your thoughts?? I really like both, but maybe [name]Clark[/name] doesn’t sound right? I like [name]Ian[/name], but maybe it’s not strong enough?

[name]Ian[/name] and [name]Clark[/name]

1 Like

I love [name]Clark[/name]. I’m not a big fan of [name]Ian[/name] though. I don’t have a good reason however.

1 Like

Ha I’m just the opposite, I love [name]Ian[/name] though I’m not a big fan of [name]Clark[/name]. But I think both names sound strong and would stand out among the Aidens and Jadens…

To me [name]Clark[/name] is stronger and less common. I hear [name]Ian[/name] quite a bit and it always seems a bit week-kneed to me. Also, for some reason I tend to get [name]Ian[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name] mixed up when speaking.

I like [name]Clark[/name], but I’m not so keen on [name]Ian[/name].

I like [name]Clark[/name] but don’t like [name]Ian[/name]. It just sounds so whiny to me, but that could be because of the accents in my area.

I really like [name]Clark[/name]. I’m not a fan of the sound of [name]Ian[/name], and I know a few little Ians.

Although either name would be ok, [name]Clark[/name] does sound more masculine than [name]Ian[/name] and is not as popular. The thing I like best about the two names is that they’re nickname proof and some my other faves of this simple & short type of name are [name]Eli[/name], [name]Heath[/name], [name]Keir[/name], [name]Lorne[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Thane[/name], [name]Vaughan[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Hart[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Ned[/name], [name]Dean[/name], [name]Roscoe[/name], [name]Tate[/name], [name]Kai[/name], [name]Shane[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name]. Good luck!

I love [name]Clark[/name], and would have it on my list if I didn’t have a good friend with the name. It’s strong, masculine, and not overused. [name]Ian[/name], however, I really, really dislike. Like a few other people mentioned, it sounds whiny and weak knee’d to me. It might be because I’ve known quite a few [name]Ian[/name]'s, none of which I have really liked. When I hear [name]Ian[/name], I think of a skinny, annoying, unattractive kid or adult… sorry!

Ok, so you like [name]Clark[/name]? Here’s my dilemma…what middle name goes with that…these are the ones I have to work with and I don’t much sound good with it…

[name]Clark[/name] [name]Hugh[/name]

[name]Clark[/name] [name]Robert[/name]

[name]Clark[/name] [name]Charles[/name]

[name]Clark[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]

with the last name French…I really wanted to use something of my father which is [name]Charles[/name] [name]Melvin[/name]…my last name used to be [name]Roberts[/name] but [name]Robert[/name] doesn’t sound good with it…help plz…

From your list, I think [name]Clark[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] pairs the best. I don’t see why you can’t use [name]Clark[/name] [name]Roberts[/name] or [name]Clark[/name] [name]Melvin[/name] to honour your family and father. No one but close family and friends will know the middle name anyway. Another option is to choose [name]Clark[/name] [name]Robertson[/name] (both [name]Son[/name] of [name]Roberts[/name] and grandson of [name]Roberts[/name]). I think that sounds very distinguised. Still another way to go is to honour your father by choosing another name that begins with M" (eg. [name]Clark[/name] [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Clark[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Clark[/name] [name]Merlin[/name], [name]Clark[/name] [name]Michael[/name], [name]Clark[/name] [name]Milo[/name], [name]Clark[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name], [name]Clark[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] etc…). Since [name]Clark[/name] is one syllable, I would definitely stick with two or more syllables for a middle name. I kind of like [name]Clark[/name] [name]Robertson[/name] myself. Best wishes to you!

Never thought of [name]Robertson[/name]…and although I like the name my husband does not. He says it sounds like another last name so he threw that out…I mean [name]Clark[/name] [name]Robertson[/name] French…he didn’t like it at all…too bad for me I assume.

I like [name_m]Ian[/name_m], but not [name_m]Clark[/name_m]. :confused: This is just personal preference, though. :slight_smile:

They are both excellent choices!! I like them both. [name_u]Strong[/name_u], masculine, and bold.

Clark isn’t my cup of tea but I like [name_m]Ian[/name_m], maybe a little dated but I like the simplicity yet strength of it.