WDYT of these combos?

I’ve been messing around with a few combos lately, and I could use some second opinions about these. If you have any alternate suggestions, I’m all ears! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] (“lia” heavy, I know, but I seem drawn to it)
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] “[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]”
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Jane[/name_f]/[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Petra[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Della[/name_f]”
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Éliane ([name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the idea of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] _____ Éliane, but I’m not sure what I’d put in the middle?)/[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] Éliane

Thanks, Berries!

ETA: Also–thoughts on Adelaide Jolie? I don’t like Adelaide Mercy Jolie, but I love the idea of Adelaide [family name] Jolie, like Adelaide Iris Jolie or Adelaide Sofia Jolie, maybe? Thanks, Berries!

I think [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] flows really well, [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] isn’t for me personally but I do think the combo is sweet.
I also think [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Jane[/name_f] rolls off the tongue nicely, if I pronounce Auli’i correctly that is (au-lee-ee / ow-lee-ee).
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Éliane is nice, too. Éliane is very soft, and while generally a strong name, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] manages to sound soft in this combo. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] I find a bit too bold next to Éliane.

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Petra[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] & [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] just feel off to me somehow, not sure why.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f] - I want to turn this into [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Madlen[/name_f]/Madlena; I just feel like there’s (at least) one syllable too many in [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f]

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] doesn’t sounds too bad but it looks very cluttered which turns me off.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f]! The other names are either a bit too long for my style or I’m not sure if I’m pronouncing them correctly. I like your style though! I’m more of a one middle name person, probably because my last name is so long but I think the right combo could work!

I really like how [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] feels sweet and feminine, and current without being overly trendy. The repeated -a endings next to each other don’t flow perfectly, but aren’t hard to say or anything. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] goes really well together, has that same sweetheart feel, but I’m not really a fan of [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f]- it feels clunky and it looks like a misspelling even though it’s not.

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] has a nice sound, but it bothers me a bit that they’re both flower names, it feels a bit overdone. (That might just be me though.) The repeated "lia"s aren’t ideal but said out loud it’s okay since they’re both in the middle of the word and it’s less obvious to me. Spelled out it looks a bit confusing since i’s and l’s look so similar, but people don’t write out their full names that much anyways, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

I love [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], it’s so elegant and regal, and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is a really clever nickname for it. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] myself, but [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] flows really well together.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is so fun and spunky, I imagine her to be a bubbly, perpetually cheerful and talkative girl. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] has a quieter and gentler charm to me, she’s a deep thinker who ponders about life and the world a lot.

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Petra[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is pretty, but it doesn’t have much spark to me, it doesn’t feel memorable. I don’t particularly like [name_f]Della[/name_f], I prefer [name_f]Ella[/name_f], but it would be a more distinctive nickname than all the Adelines and Adelaides who are going by [name_f]Addie[/name_f].

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Éliane flows well, but the styles don’t quite seem to fit together to me. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is very American/English while Éliane is very [name_m]French[/name_m]/international. With the right middle it could work though, something that bridges the gap between the two… and of course I can’t think of any good ones right now!

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f] – I prefer the latter, which is gorgeous, btw.

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] (“lia” heavy, I know, but I seem drawn to it) – I would agree that it is “‘lia’ heavy”.

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] “[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]” – I think it’s a very pretty name. It brings to mind the Civil War [name_f]Era[/name_f], like it would be the name of a character in a period drama set during that time.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Jane[/name_f]/[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] – Well, it’s a unique and unexpected choice, but I do like Auli’i Cravalho so it could be useable…I would prefer [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Jane[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Petra[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Della[/name_f]” – I quite like it!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Éliane ([name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the idea of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] _____ Éliane, but I’m not sure what I’d put in the middle?)/[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] Éliane – I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] with Éliane…unfortunately, I’ve drawn a blank with middle suggestions:/

All in all, I think you have some lovely combinations here, [name_u]Ash[/name_u]:slight_smile:

Honestly, even though I love a lot of the names listed, as combos they strike me as a bit pretentious and trying too hard.

Thanks, everyone!

@opheliaflora - yes, Auli’i is ow-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-ee. :slight_smile: I’ve become a bit of a fan of Hawaiian names lately, although I am still concerned about the ties to Auli’i Cravalho.

I’m glad [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] got some love, because she seems to be my favorite of my [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] options right now. I think [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is really my only back-up. I’m still trying to decide if it’s something I want to use, though? I sort of love that [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] would have the same initials as my best friend and I do/did. :slight_smile:

And [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Éliane! I love Éliane a whole lot, but never know where to put her. Maybe I’ll start playing around with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] _____ Éliane combos. I’m thinking about [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cora[/name_f] Éliane, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] Éliane, and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] Éliane so far?

@emmamay - any ideas for a second middle for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] in place of [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f]? I’ve loved [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] for years, and I’m starting to love the very Italian feel of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f], but something about [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f] I don’t love together like that? I didn’t really come to that conclusion until now haha.

@[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] - meh, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my main association to [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], not [name_f]Lily[/name_f], so my mind reads “[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f]” rather than “[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f]” (which, consequently, I sort of like, too, lol). (If that makes ANY sense lol.) So that doesn’t bother me too much. I can’t decide if I like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] more than [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], though. I have such troubles with [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]!

Anyone else want to chime in? Obviously, these are pretty rough still haha.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Auli’i [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]–my favorite
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]

Thank you for the suggestions, @autumnreverie! I’d want at least one family name, though, so, unfortunately, that leaves out [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f], pretty as it is. [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] can be a family name, but I’m not sure how I feel about [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], and [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f], but not really all three names together?

Anyone else?