WDYT of These Combos??

I’ve been playing around with some names we like, and came up with a couple of combos. What do you think?

*** We really like dated names and are fully aware that they’re very 1980s. We like this about them though, so please, don’t just comment on how dated the first names feel!! :slight_smile:

LN is very R heavy and [name_m]German[/name_m].

[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Desiree[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Desirae[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kristen[/name_f] [name_f]Alexia[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

Thanks!

With your ln my fave is [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] (though it’s nms), but I also love [name_f]April[/name_f]. Though it doesn’t roll off the tongue very smoothly with an r heavy last name, I still think it works, it’s not too choppy, imo. [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] flows nicely, and has sort of a sporty, more modern feel; [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is sweet and vintage, I really like the combo, but would hesitate to use two names with the strong R sound when pairing with your surname

I really like [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Desiree[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] (this spelling - [name_f]Desirae[/name_f] looks misspelled imo), [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Kristen[/name_f] [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] has been growing on me recently after meeting a few lovely teens and twenty somethings with the name, and it pairs really well with [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is okay, I love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as a first or middle name, but I’m more neutral about [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] (and [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]) I don’t dislike them, but I don’t like them either, if that makes sense

I love:

[name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Kristen[/name_f] [name_f]Alexia[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

Great combos! I would love to see [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] on your list, to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] are my favs!! [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is also quite pretty!

They all have a great flow! Except maybe [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]. My favorites are [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

Here’s the imagery I get with them

[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f]- friendly, easy going, girl next door
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]- same as above
[name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- Preppy, captian of the cheerleading quad
[name_f]Desiree[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Desirae[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]- thoughtful and quiet
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]- everyone’s best friend, smart, funny
[name_f]Kristen[/name_f] [name_f]Alexia[/name_f]- loud and says what’s on her mind
[name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]- smart and cute nerd if that makes sense
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]- active, sporty and maybe a tomboy

Stephanie Ella: Stephanie is lovely, and I immediately think of Stephanie Tanner from Full (and now Fuller) House. I love that show and it brings nothing but positive thoughts. Ella goes wonderfully with it, in my opinion.
Heather Amelia: My favorite! I love Heather and it’s nature connection, and Amelia is a long time favorite. A sweet and spunky combo.
Tiffany Charlotte: Tiffany isn’t my favorite, but it’s growing on me! I would be quite pleased to meet a little Tiffany, especially if I found out her middle name was Charlotte!
Desiree/Desirae Lily: Desirae Lily is really cool! I prefer Desirae, and love the nicknames Desi and Rae. Lily balances it by not being too sweet or too fiesty (but in a name can you have too much of either?)
Kelly Sophia: This year, I met a girl named Kelly, my age. I was surprised, but I’ve found its a great name. I think Kelly Green is a nice color also, and I love the more modern Sophia with the “dated” Kelly.
Kristen Alexia: I used to find Kristen harsh. But it doesn’t give me that feeling. Alexia isn’t my favorite, but I think personal association plays into that. It is a nice name, and think it’s a surprising middle.
April Dorothy: This is the most surprising of your options. Most of your middles are very popular and familiar. I’m familiar with Dorothy and love it. It’s surprising in a good way and I really think April and Dorothy are ready for comebacks!
Jamie Olivia: Love Olivia, especially as a middle. But Jamie just doesn’t give me the same vibe. It’s nice though, just not my favorite combo.

I like [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Kristen[/name_f] [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. [name_f]Desirae[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is also pretty :).

You know what? I see nothing wrong with your “1980s” names. They are names that aren’t super popular, which I think is really nice, but they are also normal names, unlike some of the crazy ones people use when they are trying to be original.
I like your choices. The only one I don’t care for is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]. I just never really have liked that name, although I typically like vintage names.
My favorite of your combos is [name_f]Kristen[/name_f] [name_f]Alexia[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

The only combo I like is [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]. It’s sweet.

[name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is beautiful!

As a [name_f]Kristen[/name_f], I can attest for being loud and saying what’s on my mind and [name_f]Kristen[/name_f] [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] is a beautiful combo (but if she hates [name_f]Kristy[/name_f] as much as I did, recommend [name_f]Kizzy[/name_f] as a nn for her from me will ya). I love [name_f]Desiree[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] as well.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a few suggestions, what about [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]April[/name_f]?

[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is my favorite. So spunky!

I like [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] as well, but I think I would personally like [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] even better!

I like:

If I remember your last name correctly I like:

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - the flow of this one is probably my favorite
[name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] - but would prefer [name_f]April[/name_f] with another middle that isn’t so R heavy

I love all of your middle name choices except for [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], and in general think they could be easily interchangeable with most of your first name choices.

My favourites from your list are [name_f]Desiree[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] (only if [name_f]Desiree[/name_f] spelt this way) and [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f].

My favorites are [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], & [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]!

[name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is my favorite. I think it’s pretty terrific.

Thank you everyone :slight_smile: