WDYT of these middle names? (poll added)

See the results of this poll: Vote for the ones you like!

Respondents: 70 (This poll is closed)

• Laura Grace: 10 (14%)
  • Laura Sophia: 8 (11%)
  • Laura Genevieve: 20 (29%)
  • Laura Elizabeth: 8 (11%)
  • Laura Juliet: 13 (19%)
  • Laura Summer: 3 (4%)
  • Laura Natalie: 4 (6%)
  • Laura Joy: 4 (6%)

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Grace[/name]–I love [name]Grace[/name] to pieces, but if it doesn’t have significance, I wouldn’t use it as a MN. [name]Even[/name] though it’s kinda rabid as both a FN and a MN, it is just overused as a MN, I think. :confused: It’s my grandmother’s MN, so I plan to use it as a MN for my first daughter to honor her, but with no significance, I wouldn’t use it as a MN, I don’t think. Out of the maybe 5 baby girls I’ve met in the past 3 or so years (I don’t meet a lot of kids, lol), two of them have the MN [name]Grace[/name] ([name]Lily[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Grace[/name]). It’s gorgeous, but overused. [name]Laura[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is very pretty, though.

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]–nice, but I like [name]Laura[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] better. [name]Sophia[/name] is just overdone, imo, but [name]Sophie[/name] is sweet. I really like [name]Laura[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]–I love [name]Genevieve[/name], and I think it makes for a stunning MN, but I’m not crazy about the combo.

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]–see [name]Grace[/name]. I like that she could go by [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name] (since [name]Ellie[/name] sounds like [name]LE[/name]).

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]–never really saw the appeal behind [name]Juliet[/name], sorry. [name]Laura[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is nice, but I like [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Julia[/name] a lot more…

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Summer[/name]–my favorite, I think. I’m usually not crazy about [name]Summer[/name], but the one [name]Summer[/name] I do know is really sweet, smart, and kind. [name]Laura[/name] [name]Summer[/name] is interesting to me, though, since one of my little sister’s best friends is [name]Kelsey[/name] [name]Summer[/name], and my other little sister’s best friend is [name]Laura[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Natalie[/name]–lol, this really makes me laugh, because my little sister who has the friend named [name]Laura[/name]–her name is [name]Natalie[/name]! I think [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Natalie[/name] are very sweet together, but I wouldn’t pair them together, just because of my sister and her friend. haha.

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Joy[/name]–very sweet, but I like other virtue names more–like [name]Grace[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], and [name]Verity[/name]. I think [name]Laura[/name] [name]Verity[/name] would be really sweet, actually.

[name]Laura[/name] [name]Summer[/name], [name]Laura[/name] [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Laura[/name] [name]Summer[/name], and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Grace[/name] are my favorites. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Ooh! I’m the opposite… [name]Laura[/name] [name]Summer[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Natalie[/name] are my least favorite! I like [name]Summer[/name], but I’m wary of the similar “uh” endings with [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Summer[/name]. I have a non-US accent, though, so maybe they don’t sound similar to an American?

[name]Natalie[/name] I’m just not fond of… I knew a lot of rotten Natalies growing up, funny how that influences you!

[name]Genevieve[/name] I like but not with [name]Laura[/name]; the same with [name]Juliet[/name]. [name]Joy[/name] is too old-fashioned for me. I do like pp’s suggestion of [name]Laura[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] instead of [name]Sophia[/name].

My favorites are [name]Laura[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], but agree with pp that [name]Grace[/name] is very overused as a middle name… it’s this generation’s [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Jane[/name], the middle names of every girl I grew up with [name]EVER[/name].

I vote [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Lovely[/name], classic, with great nicknames.

[name]Hi[/name], my 2 year old is named [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], and if I had it to do over I would change it, because written with just the middle initial “[name]Laura[/name] E” looks too much like [name]Laurie[/name] (and [name]Laura[/name] E when spoken sounds like [name]Laurie[/name]), a name that I really do not care for.

From your list I like [name]Laura[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] the best.

I voted for [name]Laura[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]. I think it’s beautiful, and I adore the name [name]Sophia[/name] but since it is so popular as a first name it would be fine as a middle name since it won’t be used often.

Is there a person you would like to honor? Is the birthdate during the [name]Summer[/name] or [name]Christmas[/name] time? [name]Natalie[/name] means born on [name]Christmas[/name]. My due date was close to xmas and I had [name]Noelle[/name] on my middle name list if my daughter would have been born on or within a couple of days of [name]Christmas[/name]. She was very late and I picked a family name.
Top three in order:
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]

I do not like [name]Joy[/name] out of your names. [name]Sophia[/name] is one of my favorite names, yet I do not like it with [name]Laura[/name].

I’m with [name]Lizzy[/name] Q on this one. I think [name]Sophia[/name] seems MORE distinctive as a middle name and adds some spice to [name]Laura[/name]. No bland middle names ([name]Grace[/name], [name]Joy[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name]) with [name]Laura[/name]! [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] work but are almost too much name with the quieter more complacent [name]Laura[/name].

I love [name]Laura[/name]! Great choice.

I choose [name]Laura[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], but I also really love [name]Laura[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Laura[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

I voted for [name]Laura[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] for the way they flow.