WDYT of these names?

My husband and I are expecting our second daughter in [name]December[/name] and we’re currently working on narrowing down the list of names we have thought of. We already have a two-year-old daughter named [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Hope[/name].
Names we are thinking about:

• [name]Cecelia[/name]
  • [name]Eloise[/name]
  • [name]Emme[/name]
  • [name]Alessia[/name]
  • [name]Eleni[/name]
  • [name]Clara[/name]

What do you think of our names and what others can you suggest to us?

I really think [name]Cecelia[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] sound great with [name]Georgia[/name], plus [name]Clara[/name] is a perfect [name]December[/name] baby name (The Nutcracker). I’m very partial to [name]Emme[/name] as well- a nickname of mine growing up.

I would suggest:

• [name]Cara[/name]
  • [name]Claire[/name]
  • [name]Evelyn[/name]
  • [name]Aurora[/name]
  • [name]Ellie[/name]

[name]Cecelia[/name]–I like this a lot, but I prefer the spelling [name]Cecilia[/name]. I also really love [name]Cecily[/name]. :slight_smile: I think the nns [name]Celia[/name] and Cici are too cute.

[name]Eloise[/name]–I like this in theory, but I can’t love it. Probably due to an association I have to the name. The nns [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Elle[/name], [name]Lola[/name], and [name]Lou[/name]/[name]Lulu[/name] are really cute, though. [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] as sisters is very sweet.

[name]Emme[/name]–I like this, but I vastly prefer the [name]Emmy[/name] spelling, and fuller forms of the name, like [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], or [name]Emiliana[/name]. [name]Even[/name] [name]Esmeralda[/name].

[name]Alessia[/name]–love. I also love the more American [name]Alexia[/name], and the Russian [name]Olesya[/name]… I think [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Alessia[/name] is really cute.

[name]Eleni[/name]–swoon! [name]Eleni[/name] is on my top 10–I think it’s perfect! It doesn’t seem like it’s considered very much, though. I love the nn [name]Leni[/name] (like [name]Lenny[/name]). [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Rue[/name] is my combo. :slight_smile:

[name]Clara[/name]–love [name]Clara[/name], too! [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Clara[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] is on my top 10. :slight_smile:

[name]Eleni[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] are my favorites. :slight_smile:

What about:
[name]Viola[/name]/[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Giovanna[/name] (it seems like you like Italian/Greek names…)
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]/[name]Valencia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]

Good luck! I hope this helps!

• [name]Cecelia[/name] – So pretty! I like this spelling because I love the name [name]Celia[/name]. [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name] sound nice.
  • [name]Eloise[/name] – Still so old-lady to me. I know it’s getting more and more use, but I haven’t warmed up to it yet.
  • [name]Emme[/name] – Very plain to me.
  • [name]Alessia[/name] – I think you would run into lots of spelling and pronunciation problems. It is pretty though.
  • [name]Eleni[/name] – Another with spelling and pronunciation problems, but very sweet.
  • [name]Clara[/name] – I love this name so much!!! My favorite of your list. [name]Just[/name] so sweet and pretty.

I love [name]Cecelia[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. In fact, [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] sounds amazing!

[name]Eleni[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] jump out at me as the nicest out of these, especially [name]Clara[/name]. I also love the underused but trendy-sounding [name]Clarabel[/name]. Other names that came to mind when I read your list:
[name]Emory[/name], [name]Laramie[/name], [name]Lorelei[/name], [name]Celine[/name], [name]Evie[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Amberly[/name], [name]Annora[/name], [name]Coral[/name], [name]Aveline[/name]

Congratulations!!! From your daughter’s name, I’d say move away from any less-Anglicized names ([name]Alessia[/name] and [name]Eleni[/name] especially, but also [name]Eloise[/name]) and go with a nouveau-classic, in keeping with the [name]Georgia[/name] theme. Like many berries who’ve responded, I think [name]Clara[/name] is the best fit of the names you’ve selected - and I hadn’t even thought of the Nutcracker connection, but that’s very nice! I also think names that are kind of turn-of-the-century like [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Cecelia[/name], [name]Violet[/name] (and really all your flora/fauna names), and even [name]Millie[/name] ([name]Camille[/name], maybe?) or [name]Molly[/name] would work with [name]Georgia[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] I helped a little, and congrats again!!!

~ [name]Sophie[/name]