WDYT of these unusual names?

Neeley
Neelyn
Thaya (pn with the th as in thought)
Trevi (as in the fountain)
[name]Lael[/name] (cute, but I see teasing potential)
[name]Maren[/name] (does it remind you of marinating?)

I have met girls with all of these names except Neeley and [name]Maren[/name].

I actually know 2 Marens (Maryn), and that would definitely be my favorite.
Thaya and Neelyn look and sound like nouns to me, not particularly nice ones.

Neeley-Friendly nicknamey name. Tied to the main character in [name]Valley[/name] of the Dolls, at least to me.
Neelyn-Sounds made up and close to nylon.
Thaya-Interesting but can’t say I like it much.
Trevi-Too closely tied to the fountain
[name]Lael[/name]-Has a very southern feeling, soft and lilting.
[name]Maren[/name]-Pretty alternative to [name]Karen[/name].

Neeley- [name]Don[/name]'t like it… sounds too much like “kneeling”
Neelyn- Made up
Thaya- I immediatly read it as “Thigh-ah”… so that’s a no for me
Trevi- Not very substantial
[name]Lael[/name]- :confused:
[name]Maren[/name]- Best from your list!

Neeley- i think i like it!
Neelyn- not a big fan of any -lynn names.
Thaya- weirdest one out of the bunch for me. i don’t like it at all, but i also am not a fan of any names like [name]Maya[/name], [name]Taya[/name], [name]Kaya[/name] etc
Trevi- Pretty!!!
[name]Lael[/name]- i think this name is awkward to say. not a fan
[name]Maren[/name]- i had a friend name [name]Maren[/name] in high school, but the “[name]Mar[/name]” part was said like mars not like [name]Mary[/name].

Neeley- reminds me of [name]Valley[/name] of the Dolls, [name]Judy[/name] [name]Garland[/name], and that couple with the Food Network show At Home with the Neeleys
Neelyn- sounds like a made up version of Neeley or [name]Edith[/name] Nylon
Thaya (pn with the th as in thought)- Reminds me of [name]Theda[/name]- like [name]Theda[/name] [name]Barra[/name]. Kind of nicknamey like it might be short for something like [name]Theodora[/name] or [name]Theodosia[/name]?
Trevi Reminds me of [name]Tavi[/name], like the Rookie blogger. also feels nicknamey
[name]Lael[/name] (cute, but I see teasing potential)Makes me think of [name]Lyle[/name]. Seems kind of masculine.
[name]Maren[/name] (does it remind you of marinating?)kind of- also reminds me of [name]Marin[/name], the town.

I know a woman named [name]Maren[/name] and she pronounces the A like [name]Mars[/name], not marinate. I like it

[name]Lael[/name] reminds me of [name]Liesl[/name], which is much more feminine and attractive to my ear.

Thaya sort of reminds me of thyroid so that one is no.

I think I have heard Trevi as a nn for [name]Trevor[/name] so it seems fairly masculine to me.

Neeley and Neelyn sound like kneeling so I say no to those too (sorry, I drive my husband crazy because so many names remind me of words!)

Most of them are nms but I do love [name]Maren[/name]! I probably wouldn’t use it as a FN but I love it in the mn spot.

Honestly the only one I kinda like is [name]Maren[/name]. What about [name]Maura[/name]?

[name]Neely[/name] - I know a family with this last name. Wouldn’t use it as a fn.
Neelyn - Not a fan.
Thayla - I couldn’t figure out how to pronounce it. Was guessing the ‘h’ was supposed to be silent. Not really a fan.
[name]Lael[/name] - I know a [name]Jael[/name], and like that.
[name]Maren[/name] - I know 1 [name]Maren[/name] and know of a few others.

[name]Maren[/name] is my favorite from your list by far!

The only one I like is [name]Maren[/name], but I’m not crazy about the spelling. I’d do with either Maryn or [name]Marin[/name].

I know a little girl named Nili pronounced Nee-lee. She is very cute. Nili is traditionally a Hebrew name with Jewish roots. Quite popular in [name]Israel[/name].

Trevi - There is a very famous mexican female singer that holds this lastname as “performer name”. It is a short form of her original lastname “Treviño”. Many latino people could make the same association. But, I like it too much because it happens to remember me an Italian city named Treviso.