WDYT of this compromise?

I really really [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Henry[/name] for a boy. My husband likes it OK… but he has others he likes more.

In my opinion, his taste in names sound…pretentious… on a boy. So we came up with a compromise: The first name could be [name]Henry[/name] if he could choose the middle name. So I told him to make a list of 10 middle names he liked and I would choose one. The one I thought sounded the best out of his list was… [name]Leopold[/name]. He actually wanted that as a first name but I think a kid would get teased to no end with a name like that.

So what do you think? [name]Do[/name] you think the combo [name]Henry[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] is cute? I am less picky about middle names but still don’t want him to get teased.

Also, another name we are considering is [name]Theodore[/name]. He really likes this one so we don’t have the same compromise situation as [name]Henry[/name]. But I am having trouble coming up with a middle name. The last name starts with an N so nothing that starts with an A as I don’t want his initials to spell [name]TAN[/name], or [name]TIN[/name], or TON or TEN. I know that takes out a lot of cute possible middle names but I don’t like initials that spell words!

I love [name]Henry[/name]! I also really like [name]Leopold[/name]…[name]Leo[/name] is so cute! I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] sounds really nice, actually. I don’t really think he’d be teased for his middle name anyway. [name]Theodore[/name] is so perfect - I’m so jealous that you both agree on it, I’d love to use it! Could you do [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Henry[/name]? When I was thinking about [name]Theodore[/name] (the other day, actually) I had a lot of trouble coming up with middle names for it too.

What about [name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]? I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] sounds fine as well. [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are my two favorite boy’s names, and I might be having both a [name]Henry[/name] and a [name]Theodore[/name] soon. The middle name I paired with [name]Theodore[/name] is [name]Atlas[/name].

I love the name [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Henry[/name] but we plan on having three kids and since those are the only two first names we really both like for a boy I want to save them both for a first name!

But I am still having trouble thinking of a good middle name for [name]Theodore[/name]. I thought [name]Arthur[/name] was really fitting in the middle spot but again… [name]TAN[/name]… ugh! Along with [name]Alexander[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Augustine[/name], [name]Augustus[/name]… :x

I like both [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] is a nice name.

What about
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Laurence[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Robin[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Warren[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Chester[/name]

Any good?
[name]Dahlia[/name]

Oh well if you think you’ll have more sons, then definitely save it. [name]Do[/name] you and your husband have a list other names you like? We could see what could fit. I’m awful about listing names out of nowhere. That is a shame. There are so many good A names. If I was going to do a first initial theme I would probably do A.

Since [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Arthur[/name] are some of my favorites (I also love [name]Leo[/name], but I’m not sure about [name]Leopold[/name]) here are the other boy names I have favorited:

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Valentin[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] is excellent. Classic, handsome and timeless. [name]Theodore[/name] is awesome as well, and I actually prefer it to [name]Henry[/name] (mostly because it’s less popular, but also because I adore [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] as nicknames). I would use a middle name starting with a consonant to avoid his initials spelling out a word:

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Bram[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Walker[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Foster[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Merritt[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Harold[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Julian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Derek[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Philip[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Carter[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Thanks for the replies and suggestions! I like [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] the best out of your suggestions, but husband hates it :frowning: I also loove the name [name]Felix[/name] but husband vetoed that one as well because it reminds him of the cat. In any case, I don’t think I particularly like the flow of [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Felix[/name].

While middle names like [name]James[/name] and [name]William[/name] SOUND good- I find them boring and unoriginal. I like more quirky names in the middle spot. Like [name]Barnaby[/name] or [name]Rupert[/name]. I would like to honor my father by using some part of his name in the middle but I can’t decide if I like his first name enough to use it. It is Bourdon- pronounced like [name]Borden[/name]. What do you think?

Some other first names we have talked about are [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Lysander[/name], [name]Lorcan[/name], and [name]Marcus[/name].

We both love the names [name]Augusta[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] for girls so I want to make sure the boy’s name is consistent with those two :slight_smile:

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I like both [name]Henry[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] Bourdon best for the mn and the combination. I’d save [name]Theodore[/name] for a second boy since you and your husband agree on it.

[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] is darling for a girl! [name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Henry[/name] & [name]Theodore[/name] are a great sibset.