WDYT of this name?

Having a boy, love the name: [name]Elan[/name] (EE-lun) or Eelan [name]Avery[/name] [name]Drew[/name]–2 middle names. What do you think of this name? Thanks for your help.

It reminds me of [name]Elin[/name] Woods - [name]Tiger[/name] Woods’ exwife. [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Drew[/name] can also be used for girls so overall, the name sounds feminine. JMHO though…

It’s not a bad name, I’m just thinking about all the pronounciation issues he’d probably have. When I first read that name just now that I thought it was pronounced “EH-lahn”.

[name]Avery[/name] has gone to the girls by now, but I think it’d could pass as a boy’s middle name. [name]Drew[/name] is fine, but it feels incomplete… Why not the full [name]Andrew[/name]?

Otherwise, good luck! :smiley:

I agree with the previous poster. I think [name]Elan[/name] would probably be confused for a girl. [name]Add[/name] in the fact that [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Drew[/name] are both unisex and that only makes it more confusing.

Names that sound like [name]Elan[/name]:
[name]Alden[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]

My impression was similar, I read it as “eh-LAHN.” Interestingly, this is how it’s listed on BabyNamesWorld (parentsconnect) and [name]Baby[/name] Name [name]Wizard[/name], but Nameberry has it listed as “EE-lun” or “ay-LAN.”

[name]Ilan[/name] or [name]Ilon[/name] (though I think both are technically supposed to be “eye-LAHN,” I would pronounce them “EE-lahn” personally) might get you the pronunciation you’re looking for, and the first name that popped into my head when I read the pronunciation you’re looking for was Elim.