WDYT of this potential sib-set?

No children yet, just musing about potential sibling names. I’ve recently come across a few names that I like but am not sure about. What would you think of sisters named [name]Connelly[/name], [name]Moriah[/name], and [name]October[/name]? What do you think of the names individually? They all kind of surprised me as they aren’t typically my style, but I kind of like them and want to see what the rest of you Berries think! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I mean, they’re so different that it kind of works (it’s not like 2 are similar and one is the odd one out), but it’s not super cohesive. I don’t love any of those names on their own, but I also don’t mind any.

[name]Connelly[/name] - very Irish, somewhat uni, very surname-ish, I would kind of expect it to be a family. Nn [name]Connie[/name] is dated but OK, like nn’s [name]Nell[/name]/[name]Nelly[/name].

[name]Moriah[/name] - very Hebrew/Biblical, feels faintly uni for some reason as I think I’ve seen this mentioned as a male name a la [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name], seems like it would forever be confused with [name]Mariah[/name]. No real nn options? [name]Mo[/name]? [name]Mori[/name]? Probably my least favorite of the three.

[name]October[/name] - has a nice enough sound, faintly uni, I would really expect the child to be born in that month. Tober or [name]Toby[/name]/[name]Tobi[/name]/[name]Tobie[/name] seem like the nn options.

Somehow evokes [name]Cornelia[/name], [name]Maria[/name], and [name]Octavia[/name].

The names are all unisex to me, and I prefer [name]October[/name] and [name]Connelly[/name] on boys, even if you could use adorable [name]Nell[/name] for [name]Connelly[/name].

I’m actually fairly neutral to all of these, I like them all, they’re on my list, they just get overshadowed by other names I have stronger feelings for. I prefer [name]Conley[/name] for a boy or [name]Clemency[/name] for a girl, [name]November[/name] for a girl (for nn [name]Nova[/name]) and [name]Oberon[/name] for a boy, [name]Margot[/name] for a girl and [name]Morrisey[/name] for a boy.

If I met sisters called [name]Connelly[/name], [name]October[/name] and [name]Moriah[/name], I would be intrigued, but I would never consider such names on my own girls.

If you want nicknames, I would use [name]Nell[/name], Momo and [name]Berry[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love the idea for the nn [name]Nell[/name] on [name]Connelly[/name]! Like I said, they aren’t really my style, but they definitely intrigue me. I love the nn [name]Rye[/name] for [name]Moriah[/name] and [name]Toby[/name] for [name]October[/name].

I didn’t think of [name]Rye[/name] for [name]Moriah[/name], that’s a great idea :slight_smile:

[name]Connelly[/name]- I’d prefer to see this on a boy, it is a little too masculine sounding for a girl.

[name]Moriah[/name]- I just really don’t like this name for some reason. It’s a perfectly fine name, but it bothers me personally, you know?

[name]October[/name]- I do like these unexpected Nature/time names. [name]Toby[/name] is nice nn, easier to pronounce than [name]October[/name].

As a trio of sisters, I think these names go alright together. [name]Connelly[/name] feels like the odd one out to me because of it’s distinctly masculine feel.

[name]Connelly[/name] feels way too masculine for a girl, I don’t care for it at all. [name]Moriah[/name] and [name]October[/name] have an “unusual” kind of feel to me and [name]Connelly[/name] just feels trendy and surname-ish.

[name]Moriah[/name] and [name]October[/name], I could see them as sisters very easily - [name]Connelly[/name] sticks out and not in a good way, [name]IMO[/name]. I love the suggestion of [name]Rye[/name] for [name]Moriah[/name], very nice.

Thanks for all the input so far! Yeah, something about the sound of [name]Connelly[/name] just fascinates me, but I probably wouldn’t use it. I’m glad that people like the nn [name]Rye[/name] for [name]Moriah[/name]. :slight_smile: And @flick, that’s cool that you can see [name]Moriah[/name] and [name]October[/name] as sisters. I think [name]Rye[/name] and [name]Toby[/name] would be really cute together. :slight_smile:

I you like the sound of [name]Connelly[/name], maybe you’d like Hannelly? Seems more feminine to me :slight_smile:

Oh, Hannelly is neat too! I’d rather not use a [name]Hannah[/name] variant though, as there is already one in my family. I think what I like most about [name]Connelly[/name] is the way it flows. Any other names that flow similarly?

[name]Clemency[/name], [name]Amity[/name], [name]Verity[/name] and other such virtue names would suit.
[name]Damaris[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], Josephine, [name]Honorine[/name], [name]Melusine[/name], Pasiphae, [name]Vivienne[/name], Sinikka, [name]Valentine[/name], Cyrilla.
[name]Romola[/name] is great!

Cecily, (Canopy?), Clarity, Claudia, Cleanor, Clelia, Contessa, Constancy?, Coralie, Cosima, Crissany.

[name]Connelly[/name] flows like [name]Romilly[/name], to my ear?

[name]Emily[/name] is probably too mainstream but has a similar rhythm, as does the far less popular [name]Cecily[/name].

[name]Verity[/name] was a cool previous suggestion. [name]Constancy[/name] could be a possibility?

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m liking [name]Verity[/name], [name]Clarity[/name], [name]Coralie[/name], and [name]Romilly[/name].

I love [name]Moriah[/name].

[name]Connelly[/name] is okay, but sounds too much like a surname. With the full name I see boy but the nn’s are all girl. [name]Don[/name]'t like it.

[name]October[/name] I hate. Completely.