WDYT of This Sibset, Please?

[name]Long[/name]-time lurker, first post. Let me say right off that I am not expecting, and probably won’t be having kids for a few years yet. I’m just a former name-obsessed teen, now a name-obsessed twentysomething lol. My boyfriend and I were discussing names (for the thousandth time) the other evening and I wanted some opinions on the list we came up with.

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] ([name]Annabel[/name] is a longtime favorite of mine, and my bf suggested [name]Rosemary[/name] practically out of nowhere and said he really liked it. [name]Mary[/name] is his grandma’s name, so somewhat family-related too. A friend said this didn’t “flow”, so now I’m second-guessing [name]Rosemary[/name].)
[name]Noah[/name] Thornwell (We both [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Noah[/name], although I wish it were a little less popular. Thornwell is his grandpa’s name, and I think it makes a great clunky-cool middle.)
[name]Zooey[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] (Although he insists on pronouncing it [name]Evangel[/name]-EEN instead of [name]Evangel[/name]-INE which I prefer. Not a huge deal to me though.)
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] (Iffy on this one. He likes [name]Gabriel[/name] and its biblical association, I like it too well enough. [name]Andrew[/name] is his (my bf’s) middle name and while I like the name and wouldn’t mind using it, I’m not sure I like it with [name]Gabriel[/name].)
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] (I’ve loved [name]Juliet[/name] for a long time, and I kind of like the double J sounds here.)

[name]Annabel[/name] (but not [name]Rosemary[/name]) and [name]Noah[/name] Thornwell are the only ones really set in stone for me right now. I’d love to hear what y’all think and any similar names you might care to suggest. :slight_smile:

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] - Usually I’m very picky about flow, and I agree with your friend that this name doesn’t exactly roll right off the tongue, but I really like it anyway. It has a lovely balance of whimsy and sophistication, and I love the family connection. The importance of the flow depends on how it sounds with your last name, but I think that overall this would make a great name.
[name]Noah[/name] Thornwell - If you both love [name]Noah[/name], by all means USE IT! Popular isn’t always bad. I used to absolutely despise popular names, but I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that I can’t help loving [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] no matter what. Popular names are popular for a reason, after all! And I think with the addition of Thornwell, which I absolutely adore, you won’t have to worry about your son feeling like “just another [name]Noah[/name].” :slight_smile:
[name]Zooey[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] - I would be concerned about people pronouncing it ZOO-y, and I’ve never been a fan of [name]Evangeline[/name], but I think this name has a lot of spunk and would be cute on someone else’s kid.
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], but I think it needs a middle name with more personality to counter its popularity (like you did with [name]Noah[/name] Thornwell). I agree with you that [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] doesn’t really “fit.”
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] - [name]Love[/name] both names, but I really do have an issue with flow on this one (assuming you’re pronouncing it [name]JEN[/name]-uh-veev). The two names just sound so disconnected when you say them aloud as a result of the t and g next to each other. I prefer [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] nn [name]Viva[/name] (so lively!), since I’m a sucker for two-syllable first names ending in a with [name]Juliet[/name] as the middle name (I think my favorite girl combo at the moment is Lira [name]Juliet[/name], and a past favorite was [name]Orla[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]).

Great taste! I’m sure your children will have awesome names. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’m glad you like [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]. My alternate options were/are [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Grace[/name] ([name]Grace[/name] is my mom’s name).
I’m glad you liked Thornwell for [name]Noah[/name]'s middle name. My friends have given me a bit of a hard time on that. I am in love with that combination though. Can you tell [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] are the ones we spent the most time on lol?
I’m reconsidering [name]Zooey[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]. I still like [name]Zooey[/name] (with that spelling for some reason…I will just have to correct people if they get it wrong) but I’m not sure if it works with [name]Evangeline[/name]. I thought of [name]Zooey[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] which I like in my head and on paper (something about the Z and the X) but I’m not sure if other people will agree that they work together.
I’m lost on a middle name for [name]Gabriel[/name]. Suggestions would be welcome. We both like [name]Sebastian[/name] but I don’t think it works with [name]Gabriel[/name], besides that would be quite a mouthful. :slight_smile:
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is out. The more I say it aloud I see what you mean about the choppy feel. What do y’all think about [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Theodora[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Theodosia[/name]? I liked it in my head but as I type it I’m not so sure. And the double T thing might be a problem saying it aloud. So suggestions for [name]Juliet[/name]'s middle name would also be awesome! [name]TIA[/name]! :slight_smile: