WDYT of this sibset?

[name]Nora[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Harriet[/name] & [name]Gavin[/name].

1. [name]Do[/name] you think all the names are the same “style” ?

2. [name]Do[/name] you think all the names are timeless ?

3. [name]Do[/name] you think any of the names will become too popular ?
    (I don’t mean top 200, I mean like TOP 50!)

4. Comments / Opinions / Suggestions ?

Thanks. I’ll take all the constructive criticism you have! :slight_smile:

I think they all go together except for [name]Gavin[/name], which is currently trendy. (It was #33 last year.) The rest of your names feel more classic to me. I think they go together okay as a sibset.

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]John[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]

seem more in style with the others, but I think [name]Nora[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Gavin[/name] sound fine together. I think that a lot of emphasis is placed on sibsets, when in reality it’s hard to predict exactly how many kids you might have, and there is no accounting for how your name taste might change over time.

I think they all go together except for [name]Gavin[/name], which is currently trendy. (It was #33 last year.) The rest of your names feel more classic to me. I think they go together okay as a sibset.

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]John[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]

seem more in style with the others, but I think [name]Nora[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Gavin[/name] sound fine together. I think that a lot of emphasis is placed on sibsets, when in reality it’s hard to predict exactly how many kids you might have, and there is no accounting for how your name taste might change over time.

[name]Hi[/name]!

1. [name]Nora[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Harriet[/name] are all vintage classics. They are the same style, yes. I’d consider [name]Rose[/name] to be a gentle feminine name, whereas [name]Nora[/name] is more of a subtly feminine nickname name and [name]Harriet[/name] is a no-nonsense vintage name waiting to make a comeback. I’d say [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are perfect together, but [name]Harriet[/name] isn’t quite at the same popularity and femininity level - something like [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Jane[/name] might work better. [name]Gavin[/name], on the other hand, feels modern. Note, I didn’t say trendy, because I don’t think [name]Gavin[/name] is popular enough to be trendy. [name]Gavin[/name] doesn’t have the same vintage appeal that a [name]Henry[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], or [name]Frederick[/name] might have, so it feels slightly out of place with these three names. I could see maybe a [name]Nora[/name] and a [name]Gavin[/name] or a [name]Rose[/name] and a [name]Gavin[/name] being siblings, but with all three names, [name]Gavin[/name] looks out of place.

2. I would say [name]Rose[/name] is definitely timeless, along the same lines that something like [name]Sarah[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] is timeless. [name]Rose[/name] has been used more recently as a middle name, but it is the epitome of feminine simplicity in my opinion, and it seems refreshingly sweet when used as a first name today. I don’t know that I’d say [name]Nora[/name] is timeless, simply because I think it can get a little bland and it is technically a nickname. I’d say [name]Eleanor[/name] is timeless, with [name]Nora[/name] being a great nickname for her. [name]Harriet[/name], on the other hand, is certainly a great vintage find, but I don’t think you can call her timeless. A timeless name is one that never feels stuffy or old, but some might say [name]Harriet[/name] is a bit dowdy - it might need to wait a few years to hit a real comeback, though it never really had the popularity that [name]Rose[/name] enjoyed. [name]Gavin[/name] isn’t old enough to seem timeless to me, at this point. Now, I can’t really comment on the origin of [name]Gavin[/name], and it isn’t a new invented name, but it doesn’t have the historical vintage sound, which is what I’m going off of. Something like [name]William[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], or [name]Henry[/name] is timeless, whereas [name]Gavin[/name] just doesn’t have the same history yet to fit the bill. Doesn’t mean it won’t one day - long from now - get to that point…

3. I definitely don’t see [name]Harriet[/name] becoming too popular, not even to the top 200 names for girls, honestly. I don’t think [name]Harriet[/name] was ever that popular back in the “vintage” times, so I doubt she’ll be back with a vengeance. Names with a similar sound, like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Violet[/name], and even [name]Scarlett[/name], are the ones to watch out for on the charts. [name]Rose[/name] is a constantly popular name, but as I said before, its recent popularity has been found in the realm of middle names. It really isn’t commonly used nowadays as a first name, at least not in its shortest form ([name]Rosa[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosanna[/name], and [name]Roseanne[/name] are other ways to get to [name]Rose[/name] as a nickname). [name]Rose[/name] is #352 on the charts today, which is actually a decrease from ten years ago, when she was #299. So, even though flower names like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] are coming back, [name]Rose[/name] might not see the same popularity because many view it as a filler middle name. It isn’t as a first name, though! [name]Nora[/name]‘s the one to watch, in my opinion. It is short and sweet, simple and easy, the perfect substitute for the ever-popular [name]Emma[/name]. [name]Nora[/name] doesn’t have the same feminine, princess-like image that the popular girls’ names ([name]Emma[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name]) have, but it has similar classic qualities that make it a delectable choice for parents. But, [name]Nora[/name] is an awful lot like [name]Jane[/name], so maybe it will rest in relative obscurity, always on the radar but never used to epidemic proportions! Oh, and just so you know, [name]Gavin[/name] IS in the top 50 names - he’s actually #33, and he’s been steady around that point for about four years.

Any more questions?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: