wdyt of this...

What are your thoughts on the name [name]Carolina[/name]? I saw a movie the other night and one of the characters had this name. I really love the name [name]Caroline[/name], but I feel like the ‘a’ at the end gives it a little something extra, makes it feel a little fresher. I really love the name, but my name is [name]Savannah[/name], so is that weird?! Also, if you don’t like [name]Carolina[/name], do you have any other suggestions? And I would love some nn suggestions besides [name]Carie[/name], if you can think of any! Thanks?

I like [name]Carolina[/name], but only pronounced care-oh-LEEN-a, and not like the state. Nicknames could be [name]Lina[/name], [name]Cara[/name], [name]Carly[/name], [name]Coco[/name], etc.

[name]Love[/name] it! I like both pronunciations but I prefer it said like the state. [name]Love[/name] the suggestion of the nickname [name]Coco[/name], really cute. The only others I can think of are [name]Caro[/name] and [name]Ollie[/name].

I don’t think it’s too much with your name. Especially because it’s not like [name]Savannah[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name] will be sisters, I would say that might be too much. You could even kind of say her name is honoring you, you’d both have southern place names. I think it’s sweet.

Maybe you would like the name [name]Coraline[/name]? So close to [name]Caroline[/name] but I think the flipping of the O and A makes it much more interesting, like [name]Carolina[/name] but without the state connection! [name]Cora[/name] would be a cute nickname.

I say [name]Carolina[/name] with an eyenah ending. My daughter has a little [name]Carolina[/name] in her class and I think her name is gorgeous. I don’t think [name]Carolina[/name] is weird with your name at all. Of course I’m [name]Lisa[/name] and my daughters are [name]Kira[/name] and [name]Mia[/name], so you can see names that end the same don’t bother me. There are a lot of lovely names that end in “a” to pass by. I can’t think of any other nn’s but love [name]Lyndsay[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Ollie[/name]. My friend has a sister named [name]Caroline[/name] and like [name]Iris[/name] suggested, she goes by [name]Caro[/name].

Thank you guys! I appreciate your feedback! I really like the suggestions for the nn’s [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Carly[/name]. [name]Ollie[/name] is cute too, but it is my friends dogs name, so idk if i could bring myself to ever use it. Also, I pronounce it like the state… i think pronouncing it otherwise might mess people up a little bit. I do love [name]Coraline[/name], and really love the nn [name]Cora[/name]. But I think the creepy movie that came out with that name would keep me from using it.