WDYT of Vinca?

Is this too strange to use? Would it be better as a nickname for something like [name]Veronica[/name]?

Vinca [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Beatrice[/name]?

Vinca… is interesting. It’s not for me, sorry, but I think something like [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Beatrice[/name], nn Vinca, could work. It sort of reminds me of [name]Bianca[/name] and [name]Minka[/name]…

I only know this as a flower species from a biology course I took, is it also a name?

I like [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Beatrice[/name] alot but it seems strange with Vinca and [name]Veronica[/name]

Maybe as a short form of [name]Vincenza[/name]?

It’s periwinkle flower. So pretty, and blue. And a good deal more attractive a name than [name]Perry[/name] is (to me). But I think people will think you’re contracting [name]Veronica[/name].

[name]Viola[/name] is probably my favourite V-flower name. Could that work?

I think it would be a gorgeous name for a blue eyed girl!

I thought it must be a feminine version of [name]Vince[/name]. Now that’s explained to me, I like the meaning, but I don’t think a lot of people will get it. I like unusual names and nature names too, so it has definite possibilities.

I think groundcover! Of course, this is prime gardening season, but still…I really like [name]Veronica[/name].

Oh, and as a garden term, I’ve heard it pronounced “vinka” not vince-a.

If you’re saying vince-a I think that would be even harder to live with and would totally throw my support to [name]Veronica[/name] (which is also a flower!).

I pronounce it [name]Vin[/name] - Ka, its the first time i’ve heard it and i really like ti…it sounds victorian gothic and reminds me a little of ink. As a human i imagine a Vinca as a strong, full built woman with dark hair and ice blue eyes who is quiet and very smart.

It reminds me of Eastern European names like [name]Katya[/name]/[name]Ekaterina[/name] and [name]Veronika[/name] and [name]Irina[/name]. That is by no means a terrible thing. Also I’m really bad at talking people out of using flower names. :smiley: