WDYT of Vittorio?

Hello! Expecting baby number 3 any moment now. We had almost settled on [name]Vittorio[/name] [name]John[/name] for our boys name, until I made the mistake of mentioning it to my husband’s family on New’s Years [name]Day[/name] dinner. I had expected and was prepared for a not-so-favorable reaction to [name]Vittorio[/name] from my non-italian friends and family, but it seems as if this name does not have a good reputation in [name]Italy[/name] either, at least according to the crowd I was with on [name]Saturday[/name].

To give you some background info, we have 2 little ones already- [name]Antonio[/name] [name]Michael[/name] (named after both grandfathers), [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (middle name is my grandmother’s name). We were looking for an Italian/Latin name. My husband has been begging for a [name]Vito[/name] (which I had vetoed) so we thought this would be a good compromise.

Many of the other names we like have been taken by other family members- [name]Marco[/name], [name]Nico[/name], [name]Dominic[/name]. We have also been tossing around [name]Bruno[/name] and [name]Rocco[/name] lately. Or [name]Bernardo[/name], which is my husband’s name and he was named for his grandfather, so this would go over well with everyone. Someone recommended [name]Bernadino[/name] with a nn [name]Dino[/name].

What is your honest opinion of [name]Vittorio[/name]? And if not favorable, what would you recommend? Thanks for your help!

Hiya! Fellow Italian here.
I don’t have any negative association to [name]Vittorio[/name]! Maybe it was just that crowd?! I love the feminine, [name]Vittoria[/name] (heart heart heart) and can’t think of a reason why not go for it.

It works with your sibset. What would be his nn, if any? Are you concerned that is is quite close in sound to [name]Antonio[/name]? That would be my only hesitation.

We’re strongly leaning towards [name]Rocco[/name] for our son (coming soon). [name]Antonio[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Rocco[/name] could be nice! As would [name]Matteo[/name].

Have you veto’d [name]Matteo[/name] or [name]Luca[/name]? Such nice names…