WDYT of Vivienne?

I have found this name growing on me quite quickly in recent times. I think the nickname [name]Vivi[/name] is positively adorable, and that this French spelling is much prettier than the harsher [name]Vivian[/name]. I think this name might actually be one that picky picky me would use someday.

The question: Is [name]Vivienne[/name] ruined now that [name]Jolie[/name] and [name]Pitt[/name] have chosen it for their daughter? I’m not trying to copy them: I don’t want any names overly associated with celebrities. But is that all anyone will think when they hear the name? And, on a different note, is it poised to become megapopular and thus unusable?

So what do you think? When you hear [name]Vivienne[/name], do you think “[name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name]” or “name for a little girl”? And is popularity really going to be an issue?

[name]Vivienne[/name] “[name]Vivi[/name]” is a beautiful name! I love it and think if you love it, you should use it. You know that you’re not naming your baby after the [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] baby, therefore don’t worry if other people think that you did. I think it may get a little more popular but not crazy popular. And no, they are not the first thing I think of when I hear the name. Good luck!

I love [name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name]! They have wonderful nn’s - [name]Viv[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name].

Most people probably don’t care what [name]Brad[/name] and [name]Angelina[/name] named their kids. I doubt most people can remember all those names.

Honestly, if I saw this name on a baby, I might think it was inspired by Brangelina. But ten years from now, they will be replaced by some other high profile celebrity couple and no one will associate your child’s name with their’s. When you see a teenager named [name]Zoe[/name], do you assume the parents copied off of [name]Lenny[/name] Kravitz and [name]Lisa[/name] Bonet? (that’s around the time when the name became more popular)

I actually like the spelling [name]Vivian[/name] better. And I think there’s a slight difference in pronunciation betweent the two.

I love [name]Vivienne[/name]! I also love [name]Vivian[/name]! It reminds me of [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]!

I absolutely adore the name [name]Vivienne[/name]. It’s one of my favourites. I actually associate it with a wonderful teacher that I had in college, except she spelled it [name]Vivien[/name]. I can see that some people might automatically think of [name]Angelina[/name] and [name]Brad[/name], but really - you could associate any name with so many different things that it doesn’t really matter in the end. As long as you know that you why you chose the name, that’s all that matters.

Oh, and I prefer it the French (-ienne) way as well.

I love [name]Vivienne[/name], too, and don’t think of [name]Angelina[/name] and [name]Brad[/name] the way I do with the more modern/trendy [name]Maddox[/name] and [name]Knox[/name]. While I never knew of a [name]Maddox[/name] prior to their son, which makes the name entirely “Brangelina” to me, I’ve known of many Viviennes/Vivians in my life with whom I can associate the name.

I think [name]Vivienne[/name]'s meaning is wonderful, and I love the way the name sounds and looks. I think it’s elegant!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love it but at this time the spelling is a bit Brangelina to me but it’s still a wonderful name. I love [name]VIvian[/name].

For a more exotic international feel how about [name]Viviana[/name]. I love [name]Viviana[/name]!

Thank you all for your great help! You very much helped me make my decisions. Also, thanks to Kashed22 for the wonderful suggestion of [name]Viviana[/name]!!:slight_smile:

I think its lovely, very classic. and I think because its such a classic name you dont have to worry aout [name]Brad[/name] & [name]Angelina[/name] having also chosen it…
Whereas names like [name]Maddox[/name], [name]Pax[/name], [name]Knox[/name] & [name]Zahara[/name] are more trendy, “new” names that were absaloutely made popular by the [name]Jolie[/name]-Pitts… does that make sense? (I left out [name]Shiloh[/name], as I know 2 [name]Shiloh[/name]/[name]Shilo[/name]'s personally, so to me, this name doesnt automatically make me think of the [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] family as the others do…)
[name]Just[/name] think of it like this… does hearing the name [name]Violet[/name] make you think of the Afflecks? Porobably not… but I bet [name]Suri[/name] makes you think of the Cruises… do you see what I mean?

hope this helps!