Wdyt of Zelda?? Opinions please

Hey everyone! I just wanted your opinion on the baby girl name [name]Zelda[/name], I find it extremely wearable and a perfect combo of quirky but pretty and sophisticated as well!
What are your thoughts!
Would [name]Zelda[/name] work with [name]Scarlett[/name]?
If not what are other girl names in similar style?
Thank you!!

I like [name]Zelda[/name], but for me it has a few associations, like The [name]Legend[/name] of [name]Zelda[/name], which has been associated with the name for over 2 decades now, hardly a bad thing though. [name]Zelda[/name] is a strong feminine character, that, although she needs saving, she is very wise, brave and loyal. Great attributes for a girl to aspire to.
Another association is Aunt [name]Zelda[/name] from [name]Sabrina[/name] the Teenage Witch. Another great association as she is incredibly intelligent and a great role model.
All in all, I think [name]Zelda[/name] is a strong, smart, sophisticated name, and Z is a great letter, so unexpected!
I think [name]Zelda[/name] is familiar enough that it would work for a child, but unique enough that it would be very unlikely for her to encounter another little [name]Zelda[/name] in her classroom. I’m not sure it works with [name]Scarlett[/name], but don’t let a sibset control your choices, if you love it, go for it.

I really like [name]Zelda[/name]. Like the previous poster mentioned there are a lot of associations with that name but I don’t think any of them are bad associations and can certainly be overcome! I would love to meet a little [name]Zelda[/name], I’m a long way away from having children but [name]Zelda[/name] is a name that I have thought about for future use myself.
While I wouldn’t naturally put [name]Zelda[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] together I think they can work. Neither of them is a particularly soft name so they don’t sound odd together even if they’re not a “perfect” match.
Another [name]Zelda[/name] is [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name], F. [name]Scott[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name]'s wife which I think adds a certain glamour to the name, even if her life wasn’t the happiest.

I think of [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name]. I imagine a fun and lively little girl. Very cute.

If you love it, go for it! [name]Zelda[/name] brings to mind someone independent, strong, quirky, and fun!

While [name]Zelda[/name] personally is nms, I think it is a nice strong name that is quirky but not too out there. I too think of the legend of [name]Zelda[/name]. Because I was a Swan princess nerd as a child, I would also associate the name with the evil witch in the Swan princess 3. But I dont think most people would make that association. But if you love it, go for it.

I have recommended the name to people and think its great if it works for you but personally all I can think of is [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name]'s tragic life and how she died in a mental hospital.

I’m not a fan, its a little too quirky and out there for my tastes. I don’t think its very wearable.

I think of the video game, so that association would be too much for me.
Also, my dad wanted to name me [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]… so if you decide to go through with [name]Zelda[/name], just a tip what NOT to pair it with! :wink:

It’s a family name for me and I’m quite fond of it and the meaning “lucky.” I hear it as more old-fashioned than especially weird.

I’m sad my husband vetoed it, he said he’s a gamer and a geek and people will assume she’s named after Nintendo. I said I’ll take full responsibility and I’ve never played those games and it’s traditional for me… but he said no. :frowning:

I think [name]Zelda[/name] is an awesome name. But my husband is a computer programmer and the video game association would be just way too much for any of his friends or professional colleagues to take seriously.

[name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Zelda[/name] are an amazing, outside-the-box sibling set. Serious thumbs up.

Cute, but it does remind me of [name]Pet[/name] Sematary’s [name]Zelda[/name] at the same time. It also reminds me of [name]Zelda[/name] games which I love.

i have a little [name]Zelda[/name]! we’ve gotten nothing but positive feedback.

It’s growing on me. I do have a strong association with the video game but it is very pretty. [name]Zelda[/name] makes me want to suggest the names [name]Veda[/name] or [name]Hera[/name].

I went into this topic thinking I would be the odd one out to like it, but I can see I was wrong. I love and embrace it because of the [name]Legend[/name] of [name]Zelda[/name] association. (an interesting tidbit: [name]Zelda[/name] was named after [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name]) I’m hoping I will someday have a chance to use it on something (or someone), be it a child, dog or even a pet rock!

To me it seems elegant yet quirky and down-to-earth. It’s a mixture of so many things all at once, a very well-rounded name overall. As to how well [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Zelda[/name] go together? Well, I wouldn’t say they match perfectly, but I certainly wouldn’t be raising any eyebrows at such a sibset.

[name]Love[/name] it, love it! I’m 42, and I’m hoping to have a little girl. I love [name]Zelda[/name], but I’m also partial to [name]Alexa[/name].

[name]Love[/name] it!!! [name]Zelda[/name] is a name that’s been slowly growing on me lately!

I love [name]Zelda[/name]… I think my only hiccup with it is that when I was making my list years ago, some books listed the name as meaning “[name]Grey[/name]-haired battlemaiden”. Hubs and I didn’t know what to do with that… what, does she fight till she gets old? Was she young and greying?

Someone enlighten me on this, please… it’s been years of wondering. :slight_smile:

That makes sense, since [name]Zelda[/name] is short for [name]Griselda[/name], which is related to “grizzled”. That seems to point to an old-timer, a battlemaiden who’s survived a lot :slight_smile:

Well, when you put it that way… :slight_smile: Makes it an honourable name to carry, I would think. Thank you Mamusia.