WDYT of...

[name]Van[/name]? I really like this name and have for a while. Aside fromt he [name]Van[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] movie (which i dont honestly see as a problem for a baby because more then likely kids born now or in the next couple years wont see the movie). I like [name]Van[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. WDYT? I think that only looking at the first and middle it sounds kind of like a dutch last name, but with a last name on it woudl it be so bad?

Thanks for the help! Open to suggestions!

I like the sound of it, but I only think of the sizeable car when I see it and imagine some father saying “Get in the van, [name]Van[/name]!” to his son and the appeal sort of fades…
Hmmm…
[name]Van[/name] [name]Michael[/name] sounds nice though… :slight_smile:

haha well i never thought of that "Get in the van [name]Van[/name]! lol

I think of it as a nickname for [name]Sullivan[/name] or [name]Donovan[/name], but I don’t think it feels very substantial on its own. Then again, I think that [name]Vaughn[/name] sounds susbtantial, so I have to think about why [name]Van[/name] feels flimsier in comparison to me…Hmmm…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree with what they said:) [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Von[/name]? It’s Norse and it means ‘hope’.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I would suggest [name]Vaughn[/name] is a stand alone name and [name]Van[/name] if nn for something longer.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Michael[/name] and [name]Van[/name] as nn :slight_smile:

[name]Von[/name] is in fact a Norse word meaning ‘hope’. I’ve never seen it as a name though and I can tell you there are no Vons in Norway…
The pronounciation is not what you think though. It’s not like the last part of [name]Yvonne[/name] or similar to [name]Van[/name], it’s more like VOON only the O is deeper like in [name]Owen[/name]… ^^
I wouldn’t say it’s a good alternative to [name]Van[/name], but you never know :slight_smile:

I’d use [name]Van[/name] as nickname of [name]Sullivan[/name] too…