WDYT Tippi?

What do you berries think of the name Tippi. I looked it up and its of Greek origin meaning golden or fair. Also the name of the [name]Hitchcock[/name] actress Tippi Hedren.

I had a dog named Tippi - honest.

I think it’s a cutsy name but I just can not see an adult named Tippi. Sorry.

My name is [name]Missy[/name] so I am quite used to people having pets named the same thing. Frankly people these days are naming their dogs human names all the time, my dog is [name]Penny[/name] and I totally would have named a daughter that. I think Tippi is adorable but I caution you. I would give her a more sophisticated full name to have as back up. I say this because I get a lot of looks when I apply for jobs as [name]Missy[/name]. Thank goodness my full name is [name]Melissa[/name], it does come in handy. Tippi Hedron’s name was [name]Natalie[/name], but a whole bunch of names would work as a full name. [name]Just[/name] my opinion, good luck!

I like Tippi! It’s cute, but I agree that it feels a bit too immature to work for an adult. I do think it is darling, though - my first thought was as a nickname for the Yiddish ‘Tziporah’ or ‘Tzipporah’. I think those are both really lovely; just thought you might like it.

Thank you berries for your reply. As you know it is hard to compromise with DH on a name, I do prefer longer names w nn BUT DH does not. Our 2 other children have short names [name]Lila[/name] (leela) and Miro (mih row). So our choices for girls are [name]Indy[/name] and Tippi. I am not really concerned about formality of the name as I feel like she would be competing for jobs with girls named: [name]Elle[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Luna[/name] so her name would not be so out there.

I love Tziporah…was it a sister or something in [name]Chaim[/name] Potok novel? kinda rings a bell. I think [name]Ben[/name] Hur’s sister was [name]Tikvah[/name], which i believe means [name]Hope[/name]…

anyhoo, I agree w/ [name]Missy[/name]: you’re gonna maybe want a little more formality down teh road… [name]Lila[/name] and Miro definitely are unique, short but not as…whimsical as Tippi? maybe tippi is a NN for the (ex?) Mrs [name]Gore[/name], [name]Tipper[/name]…

the upside is, when she graduates from a bottle, she can drink from a Tippi Cup! Also, when she’s first learning to walk, people can say, “look out! Tippi’s a little tippy!” If you wanted to give her super long sticking out pig tails, you could call her Tippi Longstocking. definitely cute and fun.

We’re thinking of girls names and my “versatility test” is basically this: [name]How[/name]'s the name sound as a Supreme [name]Court[/name] [name]Justice[/name]? [name]How[/name]'s the name sound in church? [name]How[/name]'s the name sound for a woman fronting a punk rock band? if it’s good on all of those, you can’t go wrong! we’ll see how that works out for us!