WDYT

What are the fellow nameberry-ites opinion on the name [name]Deveraux[/name] for a boy?
I’ve stumbled upon it lately and I think I like it. I just don’t think I’d be brave enough to use it…if that makes sense. :slight_smile:

its a french surname and I think its handsome but he might have some trouble with spelling it and telling people how to say it.

[name]Deveraux[/name] is one of my favorite last names, but I’m not sure about it as a first name. (I’d also worry about Desperaux, the little mouse, and any teasing that may stem from that.) I think the -aux ending is really cool, for what it’s worth!

I love the sound of [name]Deveraux[/name], very romantic. It reminds me a tiny bit of the character on the [name]Golden[/name] Girls, [name]Blanche[/name] [name]Deveraux[/name]. But I doubt many people know the first and last names of the characters from that show!

[name]Dorothy[/name] Zbornak (rest in peace, [name]Bea[/name]), [name]Rose[/name] Nyland, [name]Blanche[/name] [name]Deveraux[/name], and [name]Sophia[/name] Petrillo! [name]Olive[/name], I love the [name]Golden[/name] Girls! :slight_smile: I grew up watching it, and am so excited that it’s in syndication now!

[name]Jill[/name], you get a gold star! That’s hilarious”can’t believe you can name all four :slight_smile:

I know what you mean-- [name]Deveraux[/name] is one of those names that I really like but isn’t exactly suited for everyday life. Too bad…

My favorite romance writer is [name]Jude[/name] Devaraux. But you have to have a last name to pair with this first name that can pull it off. Devaraux Zbornak for example wouldn’t work.