wdyt?

a few names my hubby and i came up with:

aiden (i like this one but i’m not really in love with it)

adrian (same here)

kye (we both love this, and he came up with it. it’s just unique and special.)

nathaniel (i love this)

jakobi (love love love love love this one!)

slate (he came up with this one too, it’s also unique and i love it)

shane (he likes this but i’m not to fond of it. too bland)

thoughts? middles, nicknames, other name options?
last name is goodchild.

thanks [=

aiden: [name]Aiden[/name] is beyond popular/trendy, and is part of the -aden meganames (there was recently a blog entry about this), including [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Cayden[/name], [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], etc. :frowning:

adrian (same here): I like this better than [name]Aiden[/name], but YOU aren’t too thrilled about it, which is what’s important. :slight_smile:

kye (we both love this, and he came up with it. it’s just unique and special.): I’ve only heard [name]Kai[/name] (spelled [name]Kai[/name]) on girls, so it has a feminine feel to me. There are many little girls named [name]Kaia[/name]/[name]Kaya[/name] these days, so that’s something you may or may not) want to consider.

nathaniel (i love this): I love [name]Nathaniel[/name], too, Checkers. I think the classic [name]Nathaniel[/name] is so handsome. I wish it weren’t so popular, but I guess it’s popular for a reason!

jakobi (love love love love love this one!): [name]Jacob[/name] is the number one boys’ name (and has been for ages), and I think [name]Jacoby[/name] (authentic spelling) is a great way of freshening it up. (The K instead of C is really trendy…)

slate (he came up with this one too, it’s also unique and i love it): [name]Slate[/name]'s not my style, and I only think of a chalkboard or the stone when I hear it. If your little boy is an intellectual scientist, as opposed to a manly jock, the name may not translate very well!

shane (he likes this but i’m not to fond of it. too bland): Not a fan of [name]Shane[/name]…

I think [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name] is great! :slight_smile:

Other ideas:

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] (the e is silent–nickname [name]Dash[/name])
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name])
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] (instead of [name]Aiden[/name])
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] (instead of [name]Slate[/name])
[name]Wyatt[/name]

Good luck, Checkers! :slight_smile:

I didn’t know about the [name]Kai[/name] thing…that kind of sucks.
I wouldn’t want to name a boy a girl name…

I agree with you about [name]Nathaniel[/name], it’s so handsome!

I don’t know why but I just like Jakobi to spelled that way instead of [name]Jacoby[/name]…well maybe [name]Jacobi[/name]. Yeah i like that better than with the y…and his nickname would be [name]Cobi[/name]. I’m afraid of pronunciation problems. I don’t want it to be pronounced [name]Jacob[/name]-y, I’d like it to be Ja-CO-bee

Didn’t think of the [name]Slate[/name] thing, good thing you brought that to my attention lol

I love [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Jacobi[/name] both and would like to use them both as first names, but I love them together like that!

Out of your suggestions I like:
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] (which is also my boyfriend’s middle name)
[name]Sawyer[/name]

I also like [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Owen[/name], and [name]Kit[/name] but not sure if I’d use them.

I’m sure a lot of other posters will be along soon, Checkers. ([name]Kai[/name] is definitely used on boys–a lot of boys–but because I’ve only heard it on girls, it just feels feminine to me. What about [name]Kyle[/name], with the [name]Kai[/name]/[name]Kye[/name] nickname?)

I think [name]Nathaniel[/name] is great, and still love [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name]. :slight_smile: I don’t see any pronunciation issues with [name]Jacoby[/name], but you of course need to use the spelling with which you’re comfortable. :slight_smile:

[name]Aiden[/name] - SOOOO popular

[name]Adrian[/name] - I love this on a boy

[name]Kye[/name] - I wouldn’t call this unique; I’d call it a misspelling of the name [name]Kai[/name]. I [name]DO[/name] like [name]Kai[/name], though! I agree that it’s similar to the female name [name]Kaia[/name], but I prefer [name]Kai[/name] on a boy. If you like, you could use [name]Malakai[/name] or Kaius, and use the nickname [name]Kai[/name].

[name]Nathaniel[/name] - Great name

Jakobi - I definitely wouldn’t use this spelling. It looks really girly with the “i” at the end, which was a popular trend for girls’ names in the 80s ([name]Tiffani[/name], [name]Staci[/name], [name]Mandi[/name], etc.). The [name]Jacoby[/name] spelling makes it look much more legitimate, and it’s climbing in popularity on the SSA charts, so I think most people would recognize it. You shouldn’t get too many pronunciation problems; I would pronounce Jakobi and [name]Jacoby[/name] just the same, but the first spelling just looks way too trendy for me. But that’s just my opinion! Also, if I came across the nickname [name]Cobi[/name], I’d assume it was for a girl. [name]How[/name] about [name]Coby[/name]?

[name]Slate[/name] - Seems made up to me. I know that it’s a kind of metamorphic rock, but that doesn’t mean it makes a good name. But, again, that’s just my opinion!

[name]Shane[/name] - A little dated, but it’s nice

And here’s my comments on the other names you mentioned:

[name]Oliver[/name] - Very nice! [name]Love[/name] it, but it’s getting popular.

[name]Dashiell[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name], especially with the nickname [name]Dash[/name]

[name]Owen[/name] - Ditto my comments on [name]Oliver[/name]. I prefer it to [name]Oliver[/name], but it is more popular ([name]Owen[/name] was 58th most popular last year, whereas [name]Oliver[/name] was 118th).

[name]Kit[/name] - I’d use this as a nickname only, because it doesn’t seem “full” enough to be a first name on its own. It’s sometimes used as a nickname to [name]Christopher[/name].

[name]Kyle[/name] just reminds me of a surfer guy lol

I’m starting to warm up to [name]Jacoby[/name] instead of Jakobi

[name]Emma[/name], what do you think of [name]Edward[/name], [name]Everett[/name], and [name]Sawyer[/name]?

What nn could go for [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Sawyer[/name]?

If I used [name]Edward[/name] it’d probably be a middle name like my boyfriend, [name]Tim[/name].

I still like [name]Kye[/name] despite the femininity you guys mentioned.

and do you have any middle name ideas for [name]Jacoby[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Kye[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name]?

Yay! [name]Jacoby[/name] looks so much nicer to me than Jakobi, and I think most people would pronounce them the same way.

[name]Edward[/name] - Very nice and classic! Makes a great middle name.
[name]Everett[/name] - I like this one, too! In terms of nicknames, how about Rett? Kind of like [name]Rhett[/name] [name]Butler[/name] in Gone With the Wind.
[name]Sawyer[/name] - While it’s not my style, it’s definitely a nice option. I have heard of a few girls being named [name]Sawyer[/name], though, just so you know. But I think it’ll end up staying as a mostly male name, with only a few girls here and there. And, sorry, I’m not sure [name]Sawyer[/name] lends itself to nicknames very well at all.

My favorite out of those three is [name]Everett[/name]! Personally, I don’t find [name]Kye[/name] very feminine at all, but, like I said before, I do prefer the more classic [name]Kai[/name] spelling. But I see that other disagree with me :slight_smile:

I love Rett! It’s cute. I like [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Edward[/name] a lot

[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Archer[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Everett[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Edward[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Elias[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Nathan[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Samson[/name] Goodchild
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] Goodchild

(I think [name]Jacoby[/name] Goodchild sounds like a law firm!)

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] Goodchild
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Edward[/name] (I love [name]Edward[/name] so much, and I think [name]Teddy[/name] is great nickname if you use it as a first name)
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Quincy[/name] Goodchild
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] Goodchild

[name]Kai[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] Goodchild
[name]Kai[/name] [name]Donovan[/name] Goodchild
[name]Kai[/name] [name]Everett[/name] Goodchild
[name]Kai[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] Goodchild
[name]Kai[/name] [name]Quilliam[/name] Goodchild
[name]Kai[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] Goodchild

[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Goodchild
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Donovan[/name] Goodchild
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Everett[/name] Goodchild
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Finnian[/name] Goodchild
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] Goodchild
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] Goodchild
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name] Goodshild
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] Goodchild (for your boyfriend)

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

out of those I like

[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Samson[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Kye[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Kye[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] (sorry I still like to spell it [name]Kye[/name] lol)
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] (although we might use a girl family name and I’m not sure if I’d want a lot of family names as names for our children.)