WDYT?

I’ve suddenly gotten into names that were really popular, even the dreaded trendy, in past decades. I thought maybe I could bring some of the lovelier ones back in stories/novels and much later on, through my children.

[name]Amanda[/name]
[name]Chelsea[/name]
[name]Deanna[/name]
[name]Kara[/name]
[name]Lindsay[/name]

What do you think of these names? In your opinion, could they make a comeback?

[name]Amanda[/name] – [name]Will[/name] absolutely come back at some point, I think. It’s A lovely name with a classic feel. The nn [name]Mandy[/name] is a gp of mine.
[name]Chelsea[/name] – I’ve never liked this one. There’s something harsh about it–both the look and the sound.
[name]Deanna[/name] – While I prefer [name]Diana[/name], I think this name is okay, too. It actually seems far less dated to me than others on this list like [name]Amanda[/name] or [name]Chelsea[/name].
[name]Kara[/name] – While I think [name]Cara[/name] is okay, I can’t get on board with the K at the start of this one
[name]Lindsay[/name] – Actually, I’ve always liked this one even though I don’t go in for surname names as a rule. Not a huge fan of the derivation, but, objectively speaking, the sounds are very pretty. It has more substance to it than [name]Lacey[/name], for instance. I think it has more of a chance of revival in the future than its contemporary [name]Britney[/name], for instance.

Apart from [name]Lindsay[/name], this is my taste.

I’d think being attractive would help them, but look at what’s the edge of chic now: names of 100 years ago, some I’d have thought too clunky-sounding to ever see again.

[name]Amanda[/name] will be seen as “modern classic” at some point. [name]Diana[/name]'s here to stay, but different forms of a name very often don’t follow each other. Place names like [name]Chelsea[/name] are more likely to be cast aside.