Wdyt?

See the results of this poll: WDYT?

Respondents: 33 (This poll is closed)

• Zendaya : 1 (3%)
  • Zahara/Sahara : 19 (58%)
  • Mercedies : 4 (12%)
  • Zariah/Sariah : 7 (21%)
  • Aniah ( ah-nye-ah): 2 (6%)

If [name]Zahara[/name]/[name]Saraha[/name], was just [name]Sahara[/name], it would have gotten my vote. I don’t like the Z spelling. I voted for [name]Mercedies[/name], but I prefer the traditional spelling [name]Mercedes[/name]. The [name]Mercedies[/name] spelling just makes it seem like you don’t know how to spell.

the spelling mercedies is because i dont want it like the car but love the name js

I would pronounce ‘[name]Mercedies[/name]’ as ‘mercy-dies’ – not what you’re going for, I think! I’ve known a few girls with this name, and the car association never came up.

[name]Zariah[/name] is my favorite from your list. PLEASE do not spell [name]Mercedes[/name] ‘[name]Mercedies[/name]’. [name]Mercedes[/name] is a beautiful Spanish name way before it’s a luxury car. Use [name]Mercy[/name] as a nn if you want to avoid the car association.

The only one I would consider is [name]Zahara[/name], but the only way I’ve come across this name is in the papers in relation to a not so nice event. So that would render it unusable [name]IMO[/name].

I like PPs suggestion of [name]Mercy[/name].

[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Zenobia[/name]
[name]Anja[/name]

Yes, the word “mercedes” means “mercies” in Spanish, so you’re not just creatively spelling a name, you’re actually spelling a word wrong. It’s kind of a complicated name as is. And it still sounds identical to the car with the i in there. Spell it [name]Mercedes[/name] or don’t use it. I like [name]Zahara[/name]/[name]Sahara[/name] best and [name]Mercedes[/name] spelled that way second. The others are fine but I don’t really care for them tremendously.

Had [name]Mercedes[/name] been spelled correctly, I would have voted for it. I don’t see how spelling it incorrectly makes it different from the car if you plan to pronounce them the same- it’ll just look like you can’t spell. [name]Mercedes[/name] is a lovely, legitimate name.

I really like Zendaya! I first heard the name when I was watching Disney [name]Channel[/name] with my younger cousin and I’ve loved the name ever since. I think the name’s really, really pretty and unique! :slight_smile:

I also like the names [name]Zariah[/name] and Aniah.