Wdyt?

I’m not pregnant or TTC (yet!), but collecting namesets for when the time comes :slight_smile:

I’m pretty certain on my favourite boy combo, but just looking for some feedback and opinions. Surname will be 2 syllables, beginning with an “m” and ending in a “lee” sound.

[name]Tobias[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], nickname “[name]Toby[/name]”.

[name]William[/name] is honouring my family, and [name]Thomas[/name] honours OH’s. I really like the combo, I’m just not 100% because of 2 names ending in “s” sounds, although at the same time I feel it does have a nice flow. Does the [name]William[/name] separate them enough?

I think [name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] are a little too similar.

I like the [name]Tobias[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] M___lee. It’s nice.

The T----as’s are a bit repetitive/rhymey. I do love [name]Toby[/name], and I love that [name]William[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] are honoring. Maybe I’m just a bit down on it because though I love [name]Toby[/name], I’ve never really loved [name]Tobias[/name] (or even [name]Tobiah[/name], which could break up the repetitive sounds?). Honestly, I would love to see [name]Tobin[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name], but [name]Tobin[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] doesn’t sound quite as good as [name]Tobiah[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] (or even [name]Tobias[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]). Then again, I’ve always hated the 2-2-2-2 flow. I think people will mostly be concerned with how the FN and LN sound together, though–something along the lines of [name]Tobias[/name] Matley is fine. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I really love the name [name]Tobias[/name] but I think I agree with the other posters when they say that [name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] are a little close. I love the fact that both [name]William[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] honour family though. I like the suggestion of [name]Tobiah[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]. That way the ‘S’ sound doesn’t clash.

I like [name]Tobias[/name] [name]William[/name] but I agree with the others that [name]Thomas[/name] is a little too close.

[name]Tobias[/name] [name]William[/name] is pure perfection!

I don’t think it’s terrible, they are rather close but a second middle name is almost NEVER used, so I doubt it will ever cause a problem. It sounds well enough.
[name]Tobias[/name] [name]William[/name] is lovely

I’d look for a second middle name that wasn’t so close to [name]Tobias[/name]. [name]Even[/name] with a name separating the two, it’s a bit of a tongue twister.

[name]Tobias[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Tomek[/name] sounds better but still honors all the people you’d like it to. [name]Tomek[/name] is the Polish version of [name]Thomas[/name], pronounced TAW-mek.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Matley is very close to OH’s surname, so I’m glad that [name]Tobias[/name] flows well with that. I do slightly worry as names ending with an “ee” sound really don’t go with OH’s surname, so using Matley as the example again, [name]Toby[/name] Matley doesn’t sound great!

I have mentioned [name]Tobin[/name] to OH, I think he quite likes it, but my heart is really set on [name]Tobias[/name]. My OH is really difficult with discussing names as we’re not TTC/pregnant, which makes everything harder!

Agree completely!