Wdyt?

I heard this sibset recently and wondered what people opinions are of it: [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_u]Dakota[/name_u].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys think they “go” together or is more unexpected?
What would you have expected for a sister of [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] to be called?

[name_m]Just[/name_m] saying now: I am in no means judging these two names, I just felt that it was a little unexpected and wondered what you guys thought :).

They do seem mismatched to me… [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is sweet, simple, quiet. [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] is sassy, bold, uncommon. Is [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] short for something by any chance?? I find combinations like this funny because it feels like lots of creativity went into one name and not the other.

I would expect someone that loves [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] to pick a name like [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], etc for a sibling. Something else sweet and unobtrusive.

They do seem a little unexpected as a sibset, but I don’t think they’re mismatched, if that makes sense. If it had been [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] and [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] I don’t think I would have said they even felt unexpected, because they both feel very modern.

With an [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] I might have expected [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - a very familiar name but not quite in the top ten

I hate the name [name_u]Dakota[/name_u], for a boy or girl, so I don’t think it goes with any sibset.