Wdyt

What does everyone think of maison

Looks like a misspelling of [name_u]Mason[/name_u].

3 Likes

Pronounced like the [name_u]French[/name_u] word or like [name_u]Mason[/name_u]?

I prefer [name_u]Mason[/name_u]. I think [name_u]Mason[/name_u] is a good, strong, sturdy name for a boy, yet seems soft and kind too.

Definitely prefer [name_u]Mason[/name_u].

1 Like

Maison is a good name. I personally think it looks more wholesome than [name_u]Mason[/name_u]. I do pronouce it a little differently though as [name_u]Mason[/name_u] is one syllable ([name_f]Macen[/name_f]) and [name_u]Maison[/name_u] ([name_f]May[/name_f]-cen) is two.

Maison looks like the more girly version of [name_u]Mason[/name_u]. [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] like how [name_u]Saige[/name_u] is a more girly spelling of [name_u]Sage[/name_u].

1 Like

I like it in theory, but it looks like a misspelling of [name_u]Madison[/name_u], or a feminization of [name_u]Mason[/name_u].

Maison is ‘house’ in [name_u]French[/name_u], so straight away I think of that and automatically pronounce it may-zon.

1 Like

I think of [name_u]Misha[/name_u] [name_m]Collin[/name_m]’s daughter… But that isn’t an association many people will make :sweat_smile:

So it feels feminine to me, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing for a boy.