WDYTO the name Beatrice?

I have a daughter [name]Sarah[/name] and I just thought lately that [name]Beatrice[/name] might be a good name for her sister.I think it’s pretty classy and distinctive.I also love [name]Beatrix[/name], my second name is [name]Deane[/name] what do you think? Or any other brainwaves?

I love the name [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name], and I think it sounds nice with [name]Deane[/name].

Here are some others you might like:
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name]

[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Nikki[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Tory[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

I think that both names are lovely, but I’m more of a [name]Beatrix[/name] fan. :slight_smile: (Huge fan, actually.) :slight_smile:

If you’ll be calling her [name]Bea[/name], though, I don’t think that [name]Bea[/name] [name]Deane[/name] has the best sound. :frowning:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name] or [name]Bee[/name].

one of my favourite names, go for it !

I like [name]Beatrice[/name] and think it goes nicely with [name]Sarah[/name].

[name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] is a great name and yes it goes well with [name]Sarah[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Bea[/name] or [name]Bee[/name] but as pointed out by [name]Jill[/name], [name]Bea[/name] [name]Deane[/name] isn’t really the best match. I don’t even know if you were considering the nn [name]Bea[/name]/[name]Bee[/name] or not.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Deirdre[/name],
Yes you are right [name]Hannah[/name],[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Leah[/name] are all really good names and I am considering them all.With [name]Hannah[/name] I’m not sure if people would hear anadin like the painkiller.I loved [name]Anna[/name] but couldn’t use it for that reason.There are a lot of Leahs WhereI live but it’s still a very pretty name.So back to [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]-maybe it’s the ice ending I like ,I’ve only just noticed that! It is appealing having a name with a nice nn. but I would view it as a nice extra rather than a necessity,after all I love the name [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] and thats never abbreviated.Maybe I’ve Happened on something here,so anyone know some names with -ice endings or an approximation to this.

thanks to all for your positive replies over [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name] .Which would be the best with [name]Deane[/name] do you all think? [name]Jac[/name] [name]Jac[/name] -I’m thrilled to hear it’ your favouite name ,have you any good middle name suggestions to suit my surname-that’s one or preferably two middle names.Thanks again everyone for helping.

• ice ending’s. Actually some of the following aren’t really pronounced like [name]Beatrice[/name] it has more of an -iss sound than and -ees sound. Unless I’m wrong.

[name]Clarice[/name] nn [name]Claire[/name] If you like.
[name]Anise[/name] - I’ve heard this as ah-nees and ann-is.
[name]Cherice[/name]
[name]Denice[/name]
[name]Felice[/name]
[name]Janice[/name]/[name]Janis[/name] - more like [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Janiece[/name]/I’ve seen many variations of it’s spelling - the ees ending.
[name]Caprice[/name]
[name]Felice[/name]
[name]Alanis[/name] -iss
[name]Alice[/name] - iss
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Chloris[/name]/[name]Cloris[/name]
[name]Delores[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] - this would be really pretty [name]Frances[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Maris[/name]
[name]Lauris[/name]/[name]Loris[/name] - A first for me and I think I really like it. It’s a variation of [name]Laura[/name]. I didn’t make up.
[name]Charlise[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Heloise[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Phyllis[/name]

I do like [name]Beatrice[/name], more so than [name]Deane[/name]. Also, have you considered [name]Beatriz[/name]? I also really like that name.

Thanks for the helpful input Disa ,I do like [name]Lauris[/name] very [name]Unique[/name] I havn’t heard it before.[name]Maris[/name] is also appealing even moreso and I was on holiday in [name]Paris[/name] early on in the pregnancy.I must run that by hubbie.[name]Iris[/name] is cool too and I also liked [name]Elise[/name] but probably wouldn’t use it.I do like [name]Beatriz[/name] suggestion so that’s: [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
For me I think its neck to neck for the first too,how can 2 small letters give such a different feel to 2 names?The genteel,refined choice would be [name]Beatrice[/name] and then the colourful,slightly rebellious choice I think would be [name]Beatrix[/name].I think a bigger part of me is
siddling up to [name]Beatrix[/name],yet I see [name]Beatrice[/name] as a softer sound,very feminine.WDYT?

I can so relate with the one little letter changing a whole name. I like the [name]Beatrix[/name] spelling the best because it gives the name spunk but retains it’s vintage femininity.

I too love the [name]Beatrix[/name] spelling but I think [name]Beatrice[/name] goes better with [name]Sarah[/name] and sounds gorgeous:) [name]Beatrice[/name] was the name of woman [name]Dante[/name] loved in the Divine Comedy so it’s also a literary name and has the super cute nickname of [name]Bee[/name] or [name]Bea[/name] so I think it’s a winner:)
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I adore both [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]. [name]Beatrice[/name] is the softer, elegant sister, whereas [name]Beatrix[/name] is the fiesty stylish sister.

I have [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lily[/name] on my top favourites list :slight_smile:

I like both [name]Bea[/name] and [name]Bess[/name] as nicknames.

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Isla[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Christabel[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Estella[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lila[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Charis[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]

disa thanks for the vote for [name]Beatrix[/name].Its such a beautiful,confident kind of name isn’t it.It’s definitely in my top three I think.

Thats a fact I would never have known re [name]Beatrice[/name] spelling,thanks charliehotsox.I do think it suits [name]Sarah[/name] as a sibling ,but if you heard some of my other childrens mix of names you would find [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] equally acceptable as a sister.I’d rather not tell you their names but theyare English,Irish, and 2 biblical names, [name]Sarah[/name] being by far the most popular of them(called after my granny).

[name]Elea[/name],I think your description of [name]Beatrice[/name] as the elegant,ladylike sister and [name]Beatrix[/name] the fiesty ,stylish one is so apt.The question is which do I go for.The sensible part of mee says [name]Beatrice[/name] but a slightly greater part says don’t play it safe and be more adventurous.Anyway I really loved from your list; [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] (very unusual)
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lily[/name] (beautiful and lilting)
also [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lila[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Esme[/name] (strong and happy)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Charis[/name]
and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name] are all gorgeous names,thanks for your help.

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name]