We are home! My new daughter...

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] is doing well! She was born 12/18 @ 11:13 am and was 5lbs. 9oz.

The Middle name:
We decided on [name]Raquel[/name] (my name) as the mn b/c we really wanted a family name. DH came around to [name]Noelle[/name], and we both liked the way it sounded, but we were also both bothered that it wasn’t a family name. Our final choices for the mn were [name]James[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Raquel[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name]. We were still trying to pick her mn the last day we were at the hospital, and it took us ALL [name]DAY[/name] to do so. DH decided that he would let his sister have [name]James[/name] as the middle name for her baby (who was born the day after [name]Sariah[/name]), since she was avoiding him on the whole middle name issue. We then took [name]Noelle[/name] off the list (although we still love the way it sounds) b/c it was not a family name. It was between [name]Raquel[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name], and we decided on [name]Raquel[/name] b/c even though [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] sounds better than [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] when the last name is added, [name]Raquel[/name] sounds better, and [name]Josephine[/name] is just too long. I still kind of wish that we went with [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Noelle[/name], but having a family name was very important to the both of us, so I am still happy with our choice.

We both came home together on [name]Tuesday[/name] - I had to stay an extra day longer than anticipated - and [name]Sariah[/name] came home earlier than anticipated. There were some minor complications with the surgery. I had so much scar tissue and adhesions (with this being my 4th c-section) that it was very difficult for the dr to find a place to take her out. The dr. was literally peeling organs apart from each other, my husband said at one point they had something similar to a solder gun and were burning the scar tissue away to make room. After they finally were able to get [name]Sariah[/name] out, they had to attempt to tie my tubes (which they were able to do). I had so much pain with that part that they gave me nitrous oxide and I passed out. After I woke up I was in such an enormous amount of pain that I ended up on a morphine drip for 2 days. I had to come home with a cathether b/c my bladder was still not fully healed and I was not able to urinate on my own. I go next week to hopefully get that removed.

[name]Sariah[/name] is doing well also. She was born with a low platelet count at thirty thousand (the normal is hundreds of thousands). So she got a platelet transfusion from the ones I donated a few days before the surgery. Other than the platelets, everything else was pretty normal. One day her bilirubin count was a little high, so they had her on the phototherapy lights for a day. She also had a slightly rough start to her feedings and needed an ng tube for a few days. But she was able to overcome all of that in 4 days and came home with me on [name]Tuesday[/name]! She is so beautiful, and looks like someone different in the family every day… which is strange to me b/c the other children looked like DH and that was it.

[name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] adore their baby sister and are very much a big help to me (although [name]Alanna[/name] can also be more of a handful then helpful at times - but that is expected from a 2 year old). I am still in a lot of pain, and can’t do alot, so [name]Jacob[/name] is really helping me out by doing things like carrying things and cleaning up after meals. [name]Alanna[/name] does what she can do like throwing the clothes in the hamper and getting diapers. They are both a great big brother and big sister!

Congratulations [name]Raquel[/name]!!!
Sorry to hear about the complications–I hope you feel better soon!
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] is such a lovely name! The best of wishes to you and your family! :slight_smile:

Congratulations! [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] is a gorgeous name - as I’m sure your wee girl is as well! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and happy holidays.

Congratulations… I hope you have a speedy recovery and can thoroughly enjoy your beautiful little girl and her older siblings!

So happy for you and your family! [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] is a lovely name. [name]Hope[/name] you all feel super duper soon. Congratulate the big bro and big sis for me, too!

Congratulations and thanks for the long explanation. [name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name] to you all!

Congratulations, [name]Raquel[/name], and thank you so much for the update! I think that [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] is a beautiful name, and I’m so glad you and the baby are home now. :slight_smile:

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, and I wish you the best! :slight_smile:

Big hugs!!! :slight_smile:

[name]RAQUEL[/name]!

I’ve been looking each day to see when you and baby would arrive home! I’m SO glad you chose [name]Sariah[/name] - so beautiful and unique! I’m glad you and [name]Patrick[/name] went with a family name, [name]Raquel[/name], because I know you were really trying to do that. Yes, [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] was beautiful, but baby [name]Sariah[/name] will always have a special connection to her mommy this way. Yay!

[name]Glad[/name] to hear you are both doing well after a bit of a rough start. [name]Happy[/name] and healthy at home just in time for [name]Christmas[/name]! Perfection. Did you ever get [name]Sariah[/name] a coming-home outfit? If you decide to post pictures, I’d love to see her.

Anyway, so very happy for you and your family. Congratulations on baby [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] Gorman!

[name]Lauren[/name] :slight_smile:

beautiful, congrats!! and glad to hear she’s doing better. good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] again! So sorry I didn’t get back to everyone sooner. [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name] I had to make a visit to the ER. I started running a fever and was in a lot of pain from the catheter. It turns out I had a urinary tract infection and also the very beginning of a wound infection. (The treatments that I went for every week lowered my immune system, so infections were expected. I was put on antibiotics immediately during the surgery, but only for 48 hours.) I am feeling better now, but still very sore.

Thank you everyone! I would like to post a pic, but I don’t know how to do so. Could someone explain it to me, please?

[name]Lauren[/name], I did get a simple outfit for her to come home in. We decided to just go to Babies R Us and pick something out there. We picked out two outfits and she ended up coming home in a white long sleeved onesie that had penguins on a sled w/ snowflakes around it that said Best Friends. The pants were black with hot pink polka dots and a little bit of hot pink lace at the bottom (the hot pink came from the color of the scarfs on the penguins). We chose this outfit b/c the pink matched exactly the little booties that were made and donated to her in the NICU. Once I figure out how to post a pic, I’ll put it up for everyone to see!

Take care and I hope everyone had a nice holiday!

I hope you’re feeling better, [name]Raquel[/name]! I’m so sorry about the infection. :frowning: If you send [name]Pam[/name] a photo of [name]Sariah[/name] (such a pretty name) at pam@nameberry.com, I’m sure she’d love to post it on Nameberry!

I’m so excited to see your baby girl! :slight_smile:

Take care!

Congrats on [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name]! Hugs and thoughts of recovery to you!

Many congratulations and sorry to hear you have been unwell :slight_smile:

Thank you again!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]. I will send an email tomorrow. I am so exhausted tonight, I’m almost falling asleep at the computer!

It has been a long day with 3 doctor appointments between myself and [name]Sariah[/name]. But good news! I was able to get the catheter removed today and had no problems going on my own! :slight_smile:

Good night and take care!

[name]Raquel[/name],

So good to hear from you! Sorry that you had to go through those infections, but it is wonderful to hear that you are feeling much better, though still sore, today. I can’t wait to see Miss [name]Sariah[/name] - her “homecoming outfit” sounds absolutely darling!

Well wishes to you and your family - [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Alanna[/name], and [name]Sariah[/name]!

:slight_smile: [name]Lauren[/name]

congratulations, [name]Raquel[/name]. I think you chose the PERFECT name – excellent choice. And we’d be delighted to post [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name]'s picture with your birth announcement at the end of a nameberry blog – just send it to me at pam@nameberry.com. Thanks!

Thank you!

I did send [name]Pam[/name] those pictures, so watch for them. I didn’t send any pics of [name]Sariah[/name] in the homecoming outfit. I went through them and we didn’t take a pic of the whole outfit - just of her face. I really don’t know why. I’m going to have to dress her back in it and take more. Oh, and I stand corrected the polka dots on the pants are white, not pink - just the lace is pink.

I am getting better - slowly. I did way too much the past two days and now I am paying for it. Strict orders from hubby to sit and do nothing the rest of the week… easier said than done, someone still has to take care of the kids.

I will try to pop on tomorrow, but if not everyone please have a safe, happy, and healthy New Year!

Has a picture of [name]Sariah[/name] been posted? I checked the blogs, but I’m assuming this hasn’t been done yet…

[name]Just[/name] want to make sure!

Wishing everyone the best! :slight_smile:

[name]Hope[/name] that you are feeling better now and that [name]Sariah[/name] is going well too. Her outfit sounds lovely.

[name]Lauren[/name], I don’t know. I have been so busy that I haven’t been able to get on to check. I’ll email [name]Pam[/name] and ask.

[name]Rollo[/name], thank you! We are doing well now. [name]Sariah[/name] is perfect, such a good baby (knock on wood). I am feeling better, but still in some discomfort. A few more weeks and I should be feeling 100% again!