We are STUMPED!! Suggestions Needed!

I need some help - BIG TIME! We are due the first of [name]April[/name] with a little girl, our third child! Older sibs are [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]. We are considering [name]Sailor[/name] or [name]Kaia[/name] for her name. [name]Sailor[/name] was our top choice, but we’re getting some negative feedback from family/friends and, when I say all their names together, [name]Sailor[/name] doesn’t really “GO” with our other children’s names.

Some other names that we both like are:
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] (probably won’t go with this DH’s best friend named their daughter that, although they call her [name]Liv[/name])
[name]London[/name]

Names that I like that DH Nixed are:
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]

Any and all suggestions are welcome!!

I agree, [name]Sailor[/name] doesn’t fit with the classic names - [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] - you have already chosen. Neither do [name]Harper[/name], [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Harper[/name], or [name]London[/name] - I’d save these as middle name options. Also, [name]Olivia[/name] is extremely popular!

Too bad DH didn’t like some of the names you threw out - [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] would’ve been nice!

I’d recommend [name]Lily[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Nora[/name], or [name]Rose[/name]…

[name]Hi[/name]! I really love [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name], and can best see a similar classic name (or even a vintage one) for their baby sister.

[name]Sailor[/name]: I can see its appeal, but like you said, it couldn’t be more different in style from [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name].
[name]Kaia[/name]: This, too, feels very different in style from your children’s names.
[name]Olivia[/name]: [name]Olivia[/name] is super popular, and while I think its style is in line with [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name], it shares [name]Julia[/name]'s ending sound.
[name]London[/name]: I honestly can’t see [name]London[/name] as a sibling to [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]. (I can see [name]Sailor[/name] and [name]London[/name] as siblings, though.)
[name]Harper[/name]: See [name]London[/name] and [name]Sailor[/name].

What about using [name]Sailor[/name] in the middle?

Names I can see with [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] (I apologize for repeats):

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] (instead of [name]Claire[/name])
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] (nn [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], or [name]Mae[/name])
[name]Madeline[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Nora[/name] (on its own or as a nickname for [name]Eleanor[/name])
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Harper[/name] would be very pretty–I can see the argument that you might want to look into more classic names to go with your other kids’, but [name]Kaia[/name] isn’t so out there that it’s completely incongruous with the other two. If you want a more classic name along the lines of [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Katharine[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name] would be great. If you want a more classic name along the lines of [name]Sailor[/name], maybe [name]Celine[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name]?

And you can always keep the less-classic choices in the middle-name slot.

I agree with a pp that out of the names you like, [name]Kaia[/name] doesn’t stand out as being too different to [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] (for me anyway) even though it is a different style. I think it’s a lovely name. I don’t think [name]Sailor[/name] works, though, and neither do [name]Harper[/name] or [name]London[/name]. I’d keep all of these for middle names.

My suggestions:
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Chelsea[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] (but very popular)
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Amber[/name]