We cannot agree on names!

I love [name]Anastasia[/name], and even though [name]Sasha[/name] is a nn for [name]Alexandra[/name], I don’t see why it couldn’t be a nn for [name]Anastasia[/name]. Other nn’s for [name]Anastasia[/name] are [name]Tansy[/name] and Stassia, and I’m sure there are many others. [name]Anastasia[/name] means resurrection. I think that is a beautiful meaning.

I think [name]Sasha[/name]'s also a nn for [name]Alexandra[/name], if that appeals as well.

Yes, I knew that [name]Sasha[/name] is the diminutive form of [name]Alexander[/name]/[name]Alexandria[/name], however it is a VERY popular name on my side of the family, so I am hesitant to use it. [name]Sasha[/name] is a nice twist to a family name without actually using it.

If [name]Anastasia[/name] could be shortened to [name]Sasha[/name], it might be a great alternative! I’m also very open to using [name]Sasha[/name] on it’s own.

Really for [name]Alexandra[/name]? I found out [name]Jessie[/name] is a nn for [name]Janet[/name]. I wonder what other nn’s are like that [name]Ted[/name] for [name]Edward[/name] ect. [name]Alexandra[/name] is a very pretty name.

In that case, I would go for [name]Sasha[/name] on its own, to make the cute family connection. (Not that I don’t like [name]Anastasia[/name] - love it!) You must feel so much better for finding a name you both love!

I think that [name]Sasha[/name] is a beautiful name, too! I’m really happy that you found something you love!

Good luck! :slight_smile: