We can't decide on her name--please help!

I’m due with our third child and first girl in less than a month and we’ve found too many names that we love, which is definitely not a problem I’d have thought we’d be having. We want her name to be perfect and because we’re not sure if we want more children after her, and there would be no guarantee that any future babies would be girls, we have to make sure we get it right this time.

We’d really appreciate your honest opinions on our list and what name you would ultimately pick to be her name.

[ul]

[/ul]

Her brothers are James Lysander and Leo Rafferty so please consider her big brothers’ names when deciding which one you like!

Thank you!

Congratulations. Those are all lovely choices. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name] goes great with [name]James[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Rafferty[/name]. [name]James[/name], [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]. It flows nicely, and they’re all very classic names. I also like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name].

I’m not a fan of the names [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Elsie[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name], but that’s just my opinion - I know lots of people who love the name [name]Elsa[/name] especially. And they aren’t names that will get your child teased or judged, so if the majority do like [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], go for it!

I love all your picks so I don´t think you can grow wrong. I love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] all on its own and then with [name]James[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]. I have a friend that named their baby [name]Clara[/name] 6 months ago and I think it is a really inspired choice… sweet, girly, classic, orginal… ticks all the boxes…

Wow, what a beautiful list you have…

I love [name]Clara[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] the most but [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] are lovely too. You can’t go wrong with any of the names on your list.

[name]James[/name], [name]Leo[/name] & [name]Clara[/name] or [name]James[/name], [name]Leo[/name] & [name]Violet[/name] just seem perfect sibsets to me. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]!!!

i really love that [name]Elsa[/name] one…also [name]Penny[/name] is just so adorbs and really goes well with [name]James[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]…and [name]Penny[/name]…they sound like characters from an exciting childrens book!

I like [name]Matilda[/name] and I like [name]Violet[/name], but I don’t like them together. I prefer [name]Athena[/name] [name]Rose[/name] to [name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name],and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is lovely. I prefer [name]Claire[/name] to [name]Clara[/name]. [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is nice.

[name]James[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Rafferty[/name] are such handsome names! I love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name] (or how about [name]Rose[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]?) for their sister’s name.

I Like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] (or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Jane[/name]) followed by [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] taking into consideration siblings [name]James[/name] and [name]Leo[/name].

GL!

Oh my, your list is so wonderful!

I think my favourites are [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I can totally picture a sibset of [name]James[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Clara[/name] or [name]James[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Penny[/name]). So cute!

But really, I don’t think you can go wrong with that list.

All very pretty names!

I love [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]. Can’t really decide… For a middle name for [name]Clara[/name] I’d go with [name]Beatrix[/name]. Or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] :slight_smile:

I like several of your names, but my vote goes to [name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name]. Perfect with the boys’ names.

With [name]James[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Rafferty[/name], my favorites are [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name]. I have [name]Clara[/name] and a [name]Rose[/name] form who would probably be called [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Rosie[/name] on my list. I can’t decide!

Oh wow, I refuse to pick! Your entire list is fantastic! As are your sons names, [name]Rafferty[/name] is pretty high on our own list.

Ok so if I had to choose I would go with [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. Its just so sweet and classic, flows really well, has a nice vintage charm and would sound great with her brothers. Not to mention, [name]Penelope[/name] is our number 2 girls name, and the combo I currently have for it is [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] Eflyn (called [name]Nell[/name], occasional nn [name]Nellie[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]) since [name]Jane[/name] is my middle name. So obviously I love how [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] sound together. I love love love [name]Penny[/name] too, but unfortunately for us my [name]MIL[/name]'s dog is called [name]Penny[/name] so thats out, although I love [name]Nell[/name] just as much so I guess it saved us from having to make a difficult decision between [name]Nell[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]!

Second favourite may be [name]Clara[/name]. I like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] a lot, but I adore [name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]. I have a soft spot for [name]Primrose[/name] since its my great-aunts name, plus I think its just so underused and unexpected. I know a sweet little 1 year old [name]Clara[/name] with curly brown hair and big brown eyes and the name is so cute on her. So yes another great choice.

My other favourites on your list are [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name], I’d love something like [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Tillie[/name].

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name] its stunning too, my [name]SIL[/name] has reserved [name]Athena[/name] incase she has a daughter lol, but I’m clouded a little by the fact [name]Rose[/name] is a top 100 name in the UK, I don’t think thats true in the US though so ignore me! And [name]Rosie[/name] is sweet.

[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] are lovely too, I just don’t love them as much as your other options, but honestly if I met a little girl with any of the names on your list I’d be incredibly impressed :slight_smile:

So basically, my faves would be, in order, [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name].

Best of luck with your decision :slight_smile:

First off, [name]James[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Rafferty[/name] are perfection. All your girls names are really lovely, but my favorites are [name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Elsie[/name] is just adorable!

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] are gorgeous!

All your names are lovely! I was initially going to vote for just [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] (love!), but I think [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] are lovely with your boys’ names, as well. My vote would go to [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]–I think both go with your sons’ names equally well!

Good luck!

So many beautiful choices, I love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]! I also love [name]Rose[/name] as a first name but I don’t love [name]Athena[/name] with it for some reason. Any of your other names would also go really nicely with [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Rose[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Rose[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Rose[/name] [name]Penelope[/name].

My favorites are definitely [name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. I especially love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]. I think it fits best with your sons’ names, and it’s so pretty.

They’re all lovely! Here are my opinions…

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name]. [name]Clara[/name] is so beautiful, and [name]Beatrix[/name] always sounds so fun and child-like to me, and I love the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association!
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] - Very British sounding! Again, I love [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Primrose[/name] sounds very delicate and pretty.
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] - So gorgeous.
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Elsie[/name]) - I think [name]Elsie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] would be prettier. [name]Elsa[/name] is nice, but I just think [name]Elsie[/name] seems far more usable. [name]Josephine[/name] is so classic.
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Athena[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name]) - Can’t fault it! [name]Rose[/name] is lovely and definitely deserves to be used in the first spot more often. [name]Athena[/name] sounds exotic and makes [name]Rose[/name] just a tiny bit more exiting.
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Penny[/name]) - I don’t really like [name]Penelope[/name], personally. [name]Jane[/name] is such a sweet and simple middle name.

Overall, my favourite with [name]Leo[/name] and [name]James[/name] is probably [name]Clara[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]. I just can’t choose which middle name I prefer.