We finally chose "Winter" for our daughter's name - suggestions needed for MN!

Ooh, there are some great suggestions - keep em coming!

Another Aussie here. I am almost ready to add [name]Winter[/name] to me long favorites list after hearing you consider it here. I like that it goes against the grain of Australia’s constant heat; almost like it’s too obvious to call a girl [name]Summer[/name].

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is my favorite from your ideas. I want to choose a longer feminine name for the middle but it feels so long when all your names are said together.

I also like the sound of the soft C after [name]Winter[/name] as suggested by r_j. Maybe [name]Winter[/name] [name]Cecily[/name].

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name] is my fav from your list. I like nn name [name]Rory[/name] for [name]Aurora[/name], too, but is a nn going to come into play with a mn?
I like the idea of using [name]Winter[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] after your mum. [name]Winter[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] is quite lovely, too (the ‘a’ ending with the whole name doesn’t bother me at all).
I’ve never thought about [name]Winter[/name] as a name before; it is really growing on me reading all of the beautiful name suggestions on this post. [name]Glad[/name] to hear that, after the 1st name is chosen, the whole process becomes more enjoyable! : ) Good luck!
Oh, just curious, will you use nn [name]Winnie[/name]?

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Deirdre[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Octavia[/name]

Maybe [name]Wynn[/name] rather than [name]Winnie[/name], aussiesteph. My great grandmother was called [name]Wynn[/name] or [name]Winn[/name] (presumably for [name]Winifred[/name]) so there’s a family echo there, but well have to see - unless you plan to be fairly fascist about it, I gather it can be hard to control how people nickname your child!

though [name]Winter[/name] is not my style I think it’s a great name for your little girl & I love the majority of your middle names but my overall favourites are:

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] (I love that [name]Aurora[/name] means dawn, winter dawn as a name meaning I find very sweet and positive)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] (I love [name]Marguerite[/name] as a name & the fact that it honours your mother is very sweet)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] ([name]Magnolia[/name] is a guilty pleasure name of mine, so sweet and quirky, really pretty and I think it works great with [name]Winter[/name])
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] (I love [name]Maeve[/name] as a name)

other middle name options I’ve liked from other posters are:
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]

my suggestions off the top of my head:

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Esme[/name] (love the name [name]Esme[/name], very sweet and I think it flows well despite being short)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] (don’t actually like the name [name]Annabelle[/name] but I feel it works with [name]Winter[/name])
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (again short but I think it could work)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]

to be honest though I prefer the options from your list I mentioned above but they are all lovely names

I really like [name]Winter[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]! So pretty!

Sorry for repeats, I only skimmed the other posts.
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] (I pronounce this with the -leen ending)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Sapphira[/name] (sah FIE rah)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Gardenia[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Paloma[/name] (I think the meaning ‘winter dove’ is really cute!)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Karis[/name] (care-iss; meaning: [name]Winter[/name] [name]Love[/name])
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Cassia[/name] (either [name]Cass[/name]-ee-ah or [name]Cash[/name]-ah; meaning: winter cinnamon)
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Winter[/name] (I like the flow of this a little more)

Overall, my favorites would be [name]Winter[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Winter[/name] [name]Cassia[/name]/[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Winter[/name].

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Neve[/name] - [name]Neve[/name] means snow so it’s a bit of a double, but a subtle one? It’s also in the same vein as [name]Maeve[/name], an anglicised version of an Irish classic

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Isabeau[/name] - love love love!

[name]Winter[/name] Amorette

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Winter[/name] Mazarine - totally picked up off someone in another thread but it is absolutely gorgeous!

On top of my mind:
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Aurore[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Alayne[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Cadence[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Melony[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Lily[/name] (although it could sound a little – wintery)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name] (or [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Sylva[/name], or the more exotic [name]Silvia[/name], [name]Silva[/name]…)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Arya[/name] (I like this one, despite the a ending)
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Aisling[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Josette[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Amy[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Jean[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]

I couldn’t be more delighted to announce the safe arrival of our exquisite daughter, [name]Winter[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name], on 8th [name]August[/name].

We eventually chose [name]Rosamund[/name] as her middle name as I like the meaning “[name]Rose[/name] of the World”, the historical link to [name]Rosamund[/name] of [name]Kent[/name], the beloved mistress of [name]Henry[/name] II, and that it is a very old but still quite unusual name. We also considered calling her [name]Winter[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and I let my husband decide between the two middle names; I’m now very glad he chose [name]Rosamund[/name].

[name]Baby[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is now well ensconced in the life of our family, feeding, sleeping and thriving more or less as she should, and accepting the adoration of all surrounding her completely as her due.

Incidentally, the morning of [name]Winter[/name]'s birth dawned as the most perfectly blue and cloudless Australian winter’s day imaginable.

Thank you to all the nameberries who helped me workshop her name - it suits her to perfection!

[name]Winter[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name] is a beautiful name! Congratulations on your wonderfully named daughter!

I know a [name]Winter[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

Warmest congratulations and we would love to see her birth announcement in our Birth Announcement section.

rollo

Congrats-[name]Love[/name] the name and you could nn [name]Winnie[/name].

Always nice to use a family name. I vote for [name]Marguerite[/name] even if it is breaking the “rules.” You will honor your mother and she will feel deep happiness in her heart to know that her name will continue…take it from an honored granny.