We found a middle name! Now first name

Me again… we have lucca, sophia and knox. We are between rocco and crew. [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] is my #1 name, crew is #2 but feel like i should go wirh crew because of knoxs name. Any thoughts? Middle name will be salvatore for either name

I think [name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is gorgeous! [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is nice too! [name_f]My[/name_f] advice: go with what’s in your heart not all their names together You’re naming a person not just a sib set, if that makes since. Good luck! :heartpulse: and Congratulations :tada:

5 Likes

Rocco!!!

1 Like

I actually like [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] better with [name_m]Knox[/name_m]. Whats the reason you think [name_m]Crew[/name_m] is better? I think both work.

3 Likes

More modern/edgy and not italian

I prefer [name_u]Rocco[/name_u].

[name_u]Rocco[/name_u] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

Don’t worry about Knox’s name! They are all Italian, but established enough in [name_u]America[/name_u] (or wherever you live) to be “unrelated” in a sense. I’d be more worried if the names were spelled [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], as they are directly related to [name_f]Italy[/name_f], whereas [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are kind of like a “Hi, I’m Italian but very much established!” [name_m]Knox[/name_m] does not stick out, promise!! :heart:

3 Likes

rocco gets my vote!

1 Like

I wouldn’t assume a [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] was Italian as it’s one of those wordy names that could catch on anywhere. And altogether your sib set doesn’t scream Italian either. I can see and appreciate the connections, but [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] are pretty widely and internationally used, especially in Sophia’s case.

Both names go with your sibling set. I like the O’s in [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] and [name_m]Knox[/name_m] and I like the four letter, one syllable punch of [name_m]Crew[/name_m] and [name_m]Knox[/name_m].

It wouldn’t be a big issue unless your surname also starts with an S but [name_m]Crew[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] could be mistaken as Crews or [name_u]Cruz[/name_u] because of the S.

If I was choosing between the two, I’d chose [name_u]Rocco[/name_u].
Good luck!

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] better with [name_m]Knox[/name_m]. The O sounds connect them without being too similar. As others have pointed out, none of their names scream “Italian” to me. I vaguely recognize they originate from [name_f]Italy[/name_f] because I am highly interested in names, but I don’t fully associate them as being very Italian, and I don’t know if most average people would even recognize that they’re Italian in origin at all. Plus, as someone else mentioned, you should pick the name you like the best overall, regardless of their siblings’ names. For most of their life they will be just [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] (or just Crew), not associated with their siblings. Think about in your adult life how many people you meet who never know your siblings’ names at all. You are an individual, not forever a part of a set.

All that being said, would you maybe like [name_u]Rocky[/name_u] or [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] better? They sound very similar to [name_u]Rocco[/name_u], but they eliminate that Italian-ness, and have the more modern/trendy sound that you may think matches with [name_m]Knox[/name_m] better.

1 Like

Either work! Go with your heart and what feels right.

I like [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] better with your sibset. It still feels modern

I think you should go with your number one favourite. I don’t think Knox stands out too much from the other three, as I identify Sophia as more modern international favourite then Italian. As far as Knox and Rocco

This!

That being said, the only thing that does bother me about Rocco is that is shares the double c’s with Lucca! Not enough that I think you shouldn’t use it tho…

2 Likes

I’d go with [name_u]Rocco[/name_u]. [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is wonderful

1 Like

While I love love love [name_m]Crew[/name_m], I think [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] fits best for you! It’s got that lovely Italian flow of [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], with the spunky and rugged vibes of [name_m]Knox[/name_m]! I think it ties the sibling set together well, and [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is gorgeous. :bug:

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! :seedling:

2 Likes

I prefer [name_m]Crew[/name_m] and think it works well in your sibset!

I think @bemiranda has wonderful advice! Something I really could do well to remember as well.

[name_u]Rocco[/name_u] is very handsome, but so is [name_m]Crew[/name_m]. You really can’t go wrong. Maybe he will look like a [name_m]Crew[/name_m] or a [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] when he’s born.

All of this! I like [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] much better as a name, and it’s your favorite. Go with [name_u]Rocco[/name_u].

1 Like

Why not [name_u]Cruz[/name_u] instead of [name_m]Crew[/name_m]? That ties in with both [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] and [name_u]Lucca[/name_u]. However, I love the name [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] – it was my great-grandfather’s name, [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] [name_u]John[/name_u] (he was born in NY, the first in his family, so they went with [name_u]John[/name_u] instead of Giovanni.)

Thank you. You dont think because it does have that italian vibe and knox does not, that his name sticks out and he will feel left out?

1 Like