We have 24 hrs and still undecided!

Please help! I am scheduled for a c-section tomorrow and still unsure, anymore thoughts or ideas?? We had narrowed it down to [name]Hannah[/name] [name]June[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]June[/name]. But [name]Hannah[/name] feels a bit plain to me maybe, and I’m not thrilled with it’s common-ness, though I can live with it. [name]Phoebe[/name] sounds perhaps too close to our toddler’s name, [name]Chloe[/name]?

We have a 3 syllable last name that is very uncommon and a bit exotic for western ears, it is Japanese. For this reason we want to keep the first name pretty simple. Mostly we’ve liked 2-syllable first names and one syllable middle names with our LN. Though I am open to 3 syllable first names. I’ve really liked [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name], but hubby hates both. And admittedly, [name]Genevieve[/name] is a bit of a mouthful with our last name. I’ve loved many of the names posted here and grateful for any help!

Also, either the middle or the first name has to be something that is either Japanese itself or easily converts to Japanese. All these factors are how we came up with our top two choices:

[name]Hannah[/name] [name]June[/name] (both [name]Hana[/name] and [name]Jun[/name] are Japanese) or
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]June[/name]

(I think [name]Caroline[/name] [name]June[/name] is beautiful, but hubby hates that fn - also like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]June[/name], but there are a TON of Charlottes where we live)

The only mn we have come up with for [name]Hannah[/name] is [name]June[/name], bc we both really like [name]June[/name]. But we don’t have to do [name]June[/name] bc [name]Hannah[/name] already fills the Japanese requirement. There are very, very few Japanese names that either of us like. I posted earlier asking which combo is preferable, [name]Hannah[/name] [name]June[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]June[/name], and [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]June[/name] was the favorite.

[name]Calla[/name] [name]June[/name] came to mind first, but not with big sister [name]Chloe[/name]. Hmmm…

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] ?
[name]Isla[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Nola[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name] [name]June[/name]

Maybe:
[name]Johanna[/name] [name]June[/name] (yo-hanna)
[name]Trinity[/name] [name]Mai[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] Airi

I love [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]June[/name] with [name]Chloe[/name] – both names share 3 letters, which is nice!
Or, have you thought of going with [name]June[/name] as a first name?
Another idea is to go with the classic [name]Anna[/name] as the first name…[name]Anna[/name] [name]June[/name] is stunning!

[name]Emily[/name] [name]June[/name]?
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]June[/name]?
[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]June[/name]?

I like [name]Anna[/name] [name]June[/name] that the previous poster suggested.

Of your two choices My vote goes to [name]Hannah[/name] which I really like and find classic & not boring at all.
I don’t really care for [name]Phoebe[/name], and it does seem a little matchy with [name]Chloe[/name].
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I like [name]Hannah[/name], although it is rather popular. You might be able to use a less common spelling to personalize it. I don’t really like [name]Phoebe[/name], and agree that it dosen’t go with [name]Chloe[/name] very well. Here are a few options that might work…
[name]Alice[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Hayley[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Mia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]June[/name] ?
[name]Ana[/name] [name]June[/name] (I prefer this to [name]Anna[/name], as it’s less common and prettier)

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I love [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]June[/name] and think [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] actually sound REALLY cute together!

Personally, not a fan of [name]Hannah[/name].

I say go with [name]Phoebe[/name]!

Good luck with the birth tomorrow!!!

[name]Phoebe[/name] is a BIT rhyme-y–kind of a lot–with [name]Chloe[/name]. I’m not sure I’d let that stop me except that if you are planning to have future kids I would want to have the same ending or it would feel awkward. But thats just me: otherwise I don’t think the names are too close.
[name]Hannah[/name] [name]June[/name] is lovely, a real classic. But here are a few suggestions anyway:
[name]Maia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name] [name]June[/name] ( I [name]LOVE[/name] this, with NN [name]Minna[/name] but it’s a lot less common than [name]Chloe[/name])
[name]Olivia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name] (same popularity issue)
[name]Mia[/name] [name]June[/name]

let us know!

Personally I don’t mind [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] together. I would take both of your choices to the hospital and see if she seems more like a [name]Hannah[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name]. [name]Phoebe[/name] is my favorite. Good luck with the C-section tomorrow!

I like [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] together as well - remember they won’t ALWAYS be paired and joined to the hip!

Anyhow, just for fun I went to some Japanese name websites just to see if I could brainstorm any alternatives. These are a few that jumped to mind, keeping in mind that I have no idea if I’m pronouncing the Japanese correctly in my brain/translation. All would work nicely with [name]June[/name], imo.

[name]Ami[/name] = [name]Ami[/name]/[name]Amina[/name]/[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Eri[/name] = [name]Erica[/name]/[name]Erin[/name]/[name]Arie[/name]
[name]Mari[/name] = [name]Mari[/name], [name]Marian[/name], [name]Maribelle[/name], [name]Mara[/name]
Mayumi = [name]Maya[/name]
Rie = [name]Reese[/name], [name]Reeva[/name]

Good luck!

I’m going to say [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]June[/name].

First, because I simply think that [name]Phoebe[/name] is a lovelier name than [name]Hannah[/name]. [name]Hannah[/name] is SO common, and I just think that [name]Phoebe[/name] is more original and has a prettier sound. And the combo [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]June[/name] is so lovely.

Second, because [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are a better match than [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name], at least in my opnion. [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are both Greek, two - syllable and sound so ctogether. Sure, they end in the same “ee” sound, but I don’t think that they rhyme or are too matchy at all - one is “oh - ee” and the other “bee”. It’s not at all like name your daughters, say, [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Kylie[/name].

Third, because [name]Phoebe[/name] is a known name, yet not very popular. I just love [name]Phoebe[/name] all around!

• [name]Leonora[/name]

I really like [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Pheobe[/name] together!

For some reason, the name “[name]Alice[/name]” immediately came to mind.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]June[/name]?
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]June[/name]?
[name]Elise[/name] [name]June[/name]?

I think [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are too similar at the end for my taste. And I am not much of a [name]Hannah[/name] fan personally. What about… (sorry for repeats)

[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Nona[/name]
[name]Vita[/name]

This is probably too late for the birth (congrats and good luck by the way!), but I wanted to add that my brother is married to a Japanese woman and they feel the same way about future baby names. They’ve told me that [name]Hana[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Eri[/name] [name]Jane[/name] are in the running for possible daughter names. I also love [name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Rina[/name] as girls’ names that work in both English and Japanese.

Personally, I love [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name] together, but it doesn’t sound like you love [name]Hannah[/name]. Have you thought about using [name]June[/name] as a first name since you and your husband both love it? [name]June[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] sounds very pretty to me.