We have 36 hours to decide! Jax or Ryder...

We just received an adoption referral for a handsome little boy (we have two girls already) and we cannot settle on a name! It’s narrowed down to:

[name]Jax[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name] Ripken

[name]Do[/name] you like either of those? Our last name is [name]Brown[/name] and we don’t want anything common. Our two daughters have very meaningful and unique names and we are having a tough time with this boy name…we have until [name]Monday[/name] morning to make it official and we have not met him yet - he is one-month-old. THANK YOU! x

[name]Jax[/name] [name]Ryder[/name] is the best in my opinion.

Wow! Very exciting. Congratulations!

I think [name]Jax[/name] is really getting popular. I know 3 little boys named [name]Jax[/name] or [name]Jaxson[/name], even more if you count all the Jacks. So if you want something less common I would choose [name]Ryder[/name].

[name]Jax[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is too much like [name]Jackson[/name] Browne the singer.
I’d go with [name]Ryder[/name].

[name]Jax[/name] [name]Ryder[/name] is lovely!

I think [name]Ryder[/name] is much less common, and if that’s what you want, that would be my pick! I know lots of [name]Jackson[/name]'s nicknamed [name]Jax[/name] or [name]Jack[/name].

I’ve never met a [name]Ryder[/name], but my impression is that it’s maybe trendy?

Hm, just checked the rankings, and it’s at 108, which is not terribly rare. [name]Every[/name] year since 1999, it jumps significantly in the ranks, and I would not be surprised at all if it eventually made it to the Top Twenty.

Congratulations on the referral. I know how exciting that is <3 Let us know if you’d like any other suggestions.

Okay. Lots to think about - we live overseas, so the names we encounter here are much different than in the States. ANY suggestions for a little boy with the last name [name]Brown[/name] would be great! Thanks so much!

[name]Jax[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]!

[name]Jax[/name] [name]Ryder[/name] (:

You may have already made your decision since it’s [name]Monday[/name], but I’m going to go against the tide her and vote for [name]Ryder[/name]. I think the rhythm and balance is better with [name]Brown[/name] and also believe that between [name]Jax[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Jaxon[/name] etc you would end up with a name that is MUCH more popular than it may feel and getting more so all the time. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I prefer [name]Ryder[/name] normally, but with the last name [name]Brown[/name], [name]Jax[/name] would be a no-go for me.

I would go with [name]Jax[/name].

[name]Ryder[/name] definitely.

For me, [name]Jax[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]