We have a shortlist!

We have narrowed down our list ! Please give me your opinions on these potential siblings to [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]

Rueben
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Waylon[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]

Taylor
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Bayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]

2 Likes

My favorites are [name_u]Forest[/name_u] or [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

I feel like you have quite a variety of styles going on. Were you going for any particular attributes?

The only ones I donā€™t get a good vibe from are [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] and [name_f]Bayla[/name_f]. I donā€™t know why. I like all the others with [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]!

1 Like

@hellobanjo thanks for your feedback ! They are pretty eclectic! [name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I have starkly different tastes. These are the only names I could get him to consider

I prefer more long frilly girls names that can be shortened and classic boy names. I love honour names

He likes more unisex girl names and occupational boys names. His favourite boy name is [name_m]Bishop[/name_m] which I vetoed

Ahh ok I can see that nowā€¦ Yes [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] and [name_m]Bishop[/name_m] would be quite a pair!

1 Like

With [name_m]Deacon[/name_m], I love [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_m]Wells[/name_m]! Some of your other choices feel too classic/traditional next to [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]. Of the occupation names, I might like [name_u]Archer[/name_u] bestā€¦? Dunno.

For girls, I like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] best with [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]. [name_u]Reese[/name_u] and [name_f]Delia[/name_f] are good too, though I donā€™t love the repeating sounds (the long ā€œeā€ in [name_u]Reese[/name_u]/Deacon and the ā€œDe-ā€ in [name_f]Delia[/name_f]/Deacon)ā€”but that might not bother you.

Good lists! And good veto on [name_m]Bishop[/name_m]ā€”[name_m]Deacon[/name_m] and [name_m]Bishop[/name_m] is a bit much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts-

Boys:

Rueben-Well, I like it a lot w/Deacon. But I think maybe [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] is more correct?

Noah-Very nice strong solid name. Sooo popular though.

Shepherd-I think itā€™s interesting, but just have a hard time hearing it as a name. More of a profession.

Archer-I guess thatā€™s a kind of profession too, but itā€™s more established as a name. Itā€™s cute, & totally perfect w/Deacon. Kind of quiet but quirky & a little sporty.

Julian-I love it! Itā€™s been one of my favorites for years & years. Itā€™s smart & posh, but sweet & friendly too. A little bit different style than [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] if you ask me, but I donā€™t think they clash.

Milo-Super cute. Spunky, a little quirky but classic & handsome.

Forest-I donā€™t love it for whatever reason, but itā€™s interesting & goes w/Deacon.

Sawyer-Kind of fun. A little cowboy-y, which I like for you.

Wells-Itā€™s okay. It seems like itā€™s missing something. I think I like it betters as a nn for [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u].

Waylon-Meh, I donā€™t love this one. It just sounds like a cranky old Southern man. Itā€™s not Southern in a fun way like [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] & [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u].

Gabriel-A beautiful classic. Kind of popular. Sort of biblical next to [name_m]Deacon[/name_m], but I think it works fine. [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] & [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] would be nice.

Girls:

Taylor-Meh. This seems really dated & kind of boyish.

Reese-Also better for a boy in my opinion. Very trendy for a girl.

Delia-Beautiful! Simple, elegant, slightly exotic, simple but not over done, grows up well. All of the good stuff. Kind of match-y w/Deacon? Maybe a bit.

Clementine-Aw, I love this one. Itā€™s classic & spunky. Feminine, bold, adventurous, well known but not popular.

Alice-Another smart beautiful classic. Kind of a quieter name. I really like it.

Bayla-I donā€™t know. Something about it sounds off. Like, not like a name. I think Iā€™d at least do [name_f]Baila[/name_f].

Rosalie-Sooo cute & perfect w/Deacon.

Amy-Thatā€™s kind of fun & refreshing. I like it, but like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] best for you!

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favorites are [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Wells[/name_m], [name_f]Delia[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Bayla[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. Great options!

1 Like

Love with [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]ā€¦
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]

Taylor
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

1 Like

My favourites for you:

Deacon & [name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m] & [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m] & [name_m]Wells[/name_m]

Deacon & [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

1 Like

Shepherd, [name_u]Forest[/name_u] & [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] ā€˜feelā€™ the best to me with [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] for the boys.

For the girls, my personal favourites are [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

1 Like

My favorites are [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Wells[/name_m], [name_f]Delia[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and [name_f]Amy[/name_f]

1 Like

My favorites are [name_m]Rueben[/name_m], [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Wells[/name_m], [name_u]Reese[/name_u] and [name_f]Delia[/name_f]!

1 Like

Shepherd is gentle and sweet, like [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]. [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] fits that description as well.
For girls, I think [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] match the vibe of [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] best.

1 Like

With [name_m]Deacon[/name_m], I like:
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]

Taylor
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

1 Like

My faves with [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]:
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

2 Likes

For your boys, [name_u]Forest[/name_u] and [name_u]Archer[/name_u] are my definite favorites! For girls, [name_f]Delia[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

Taylor is a bit too trendy, and some others just donā€™t appeal to me. I also love [name_m]Wells[/name_m]!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] the best for you, but I also really like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_u]Forest[/name_u].

1 Like

I love [name_m]Rueben[/name_m] and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] for a boy and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Bayla[/name_f] for a girl. [name_f]Bayla[/name_f] is actually on my list but I prefer the spelling of Beila.

I love that someone else likes it! It is a super sentimental name for us as itā€™s a street where a grew up.

1 Like

Thatā€™s nice! I love the history behind it and the meaning of the name, I also like how it is not common. I read somewhere that it means beautiful in [name_u]French[/name_u].