We have chosen a name!!!

We came here looking for help with names and we truly appreciate all the replies. However, I found a name we love. My hubbies name is [name]Robert[/name] [name]Shawn[/name]. We didn’t like [name]Roberta[/name] or [name]Robin[/name], so we decided to look for names that might sound like [name]Shawn[/name]. We have chosen [name]Chante[/name]’. Her full name will be: [name]Chante[/name]’ [name]Alexia[/name] [name]Rain[/name] (with our last name). It’s awesome to honor her with these 3 names. First name honors her Daddy, second name honors her birthmother, and third name honors our oldest daughter (who is my only birth child out of 9).

Let us know what you think!

It is a very pretty name, congratulations and I am sure that she will be very happy with her lovely name and her loving parents.

It’s sounds like you’ve found the perfect name. :slight_smile: Congrats to you and your family.

Thanks rollo and disa_lan. It’s taking some getting used to for me to call her that in conversation. I hope it sticks! LOL

Start getting used to it by singing it and feeling it and when you meet your baby you will already have a song that you can sing to her eg [name]Chante[/name], [name]Chante[/name], my enchanting baby girl, I love you, I love you, you are so beautiful. (I am no song maker but this is the kind of thing I would sing to my baby.)

Start getting used to it by singing it and feeling it and when you meet your baby you will already have a song that you can sing to her eg [name]Chante[/name], [name]Chante[/name], my enchanting baby girl, I love you, I love you, you are so beautiful. (I am no song maker but this is the kind of thing I would sing to my baby.)[/quote]

[name]How[/name] beautiful. That just blessed my heart. Thank you so very much. I can hardly wait to meet her. I think of her so often and look at her ultrasound picture. She is so loved already. I carry her in my heart, just not my womb. I love you [name]Chante[/name]'!

you chose a gorgeous name!!
i love it… i never would have thought of something so pretty.
it’s absolutely perfect…

Thank you Calisse. A member her directed me to a site which had things reversed a bit. You could check out a meaning of a word, and then the names would come up. For instance there were words like: praise, virtue, faith, nature, song, etc. I found it there.

What a lovely sentiment. Congrats on deciding!

It reminds me of the French chantez ‘shon-tay’ meaning ‘sing’ :slight_smile:

Yes, it also means [name]Stone[/name]. But I have seen it mean song, or sing! I love it!
We are pronouncing it: [name]Shon[/name]-tay…

Congratulations! Pretty name :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!!!