We have narrowed our list down

[name]HI[/name] All!

I have posted a few times now, so thank you in advance for putting up with another post.
Our only child thus far is named [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isla[/name]. We are expecting number two in [name]September[/name]. It will be our last. I had a much longer list for both, but hubby finally agreed to go through it and nixed most of the names. So here is what is left:

Girl Names:
[name]Isadora[/name]”- I HATE “[name]Izzie[/name]” (and nicknames in general) and the closeness to “[name]Isabella[/name]”, but I love how elegant the name is.
[name]Theodora[/name] - concerned it is not as beautiful as [name]Isadora[/name].
[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name] - Seem too “proper” to go with [name]Penelope[/name] & I can’t decide on which spelling.
[name]Esme[/name] - middle name for [name]Isadora[/name], does it work with [name]Theodora[/name]?
[name]Opal[/name] - would this work at all?

Boy Names:
[name]Ilias[/name]”- our favorite last time, but I am constantly unsure about it being good enough.
[name]Darius[/name]”- I like how strong it is. A tad too popular.
Theoren/[name]Theron[/name] - like, don’t love.
[name]Flynn[/name] - Middle name option, will it become popular?
[name]Theodore[/name] - A good middle name, a tad to popular for a first.
[name]Xavier[/name] - Too popular?
[name]Sebastian[/name] - Too French?

What do you think of the names?
[name]Do[/name] you have any other suggestions?
What works best with [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isla[/name]?

For some reason right now I am not excited about any name, but it could just be a mood.

Thanks!

[name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Opal[/name] really stands out to me. [name]Just[/name] has a nice ring to it when you yell it out. :slight_smile: “[name]Penelope[/name]! [name]Opal[/name]! Dinner!” Cuteness.

Having said that, I think a shorter name for your newest addition will flow better with [name]Penelope[/name] when you say the two names together. “[name]Penelope[/name]! [name]Isadora[/name]!” Are you ready to yell that a lot? Something to take into consideration.

I think [name]Isadora[/name] is prettier than [name]Theodora[/name], just like you said… plus, I hear [name]Theodore[/name], which makes me think of The Chipmunks.

[name]Just[/name] my two cents.

Other Boy Names that come to mind…
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Sylas[/name]
[name]Trey[/name]

Good luck!

Oh, I agree [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Opal[/name] is fantastic! I also love [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] (not [name]Beatrice[/name] because to me that does seem to “proper”) To me, [name]Beatrix[/name] isn’t proper at all. I see it as spunky and fun just like [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Opal[/name] are my favorite though :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t worry about the popularity of [name]Flynn[/name] since you plan on it being a middle name. If you did want it as a first name, I think you would be way ahead of the pack even if it did become “too” popular.

[name]Penelope[/name]'s brother:

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Hector[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
:slight_smile:

Girl Names:
[name]Isadora[/name]”- I think you can avoid “[name]Izzy[/name]” by pronouncing the name “ee-sah-dora” or by insisting the nn be [name]Dora[/name]. I am Italian, so I’ve only known it to be pronounced this way.
[name]Theodora[/name] - I think this is as beautiful as [name]Isadora[/name] and goes better with [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name] - I agree that [name]Beatrice[/name] is proper and [name]Beatrix[/name] is spunky
[name]Esme[/name] - I think this is a good middle for either [name]Isadora[/name] or [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] - this is best, I think

Boy Names:
[name]Ilias[/name]”- I don’t really like it
[name]Darius[/name]”- I like this one
Theoren/[name]Theron[/name] - I think this goes well with [name]Penelope[/name], but if you don’t love it, don’t use it
[name]Flynn[/name] - as a middle I don’t think popularity matters too much
[name]Theodore[/name] - what would you pair this with?
[name]Xavier[/name] - not too popular
[name]Sebastian[/name] - not too French, in fact, this was just in the movie “The Switch”

Thanks for your comments. :slight_smile:

What do you prefer of the following combos;

Girls:
[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Opal[/name]

Boys:
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Flynn[/name] (what do you think of [name]Darius[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think Greek & Classy or Hick & Country?)
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Ilias[/name] [name]Maksim[/name] (our boy choice last time)
Theoren [name]Flynn[/name]

And with [name]Penelope[/name];
[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Beatrix[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Darius[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Ilias[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] & Theoren

Once you tell me your opinions I will share mine. :wink:

What do you prefer of the following combos;

Girls:
[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Esme[/name] - I love both names but think the flow could be better since one name ends with a and runs into the e making a halt between the names, I think a middle with a consonant would flow better if that’s a concern, for example [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]. Also have you considered [name]Dora[/name] or [name]Dotti[/name] for nns since you’re not an [name]Izzy[/name] fan?

[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Esme[/name] - same as [name]Isadora[/name], also if you feel it isn’t “pretty” enough have you considered [name]Dorothea[/name] or [name]Theodosia[/name]?

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Esme[/name]- I love this combo to death and love [name]Beatrix[/name] with [name]Penelope[/name]! I don’t think it’s stuffy at all, Im in the US though so these names seem spunky to me
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Opal[/name]- Beautiful, [name]Opal[/name] is my favorite gem name love to see it, but do you think these two combos look kind of short next to [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isla[/name]? Maybe a 3 syllable to balance it out?

Boys:
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Flynn[/name] (what do you think of [name]Darius[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think Greek & Classy or Hick & Country?)- Greek and classy all the way! Also another option I love that ends in us: [name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]- I love this!!!
[name]Ilias[/name] [name]Maksim[/name] (our boy choice last time)- beautiful, are there nns for [name]Ilias[/name]? I prefer [name]Elio[/name] though, another Russian variant of [name]Elijah[/name]
Theoren [name]Flynn[/name]- this is a new name to me, I think there could be spelling and prn issues? [name]Flynn[/name] is ok, I especially like it as a sleek, handsome mn like [name]Reed[/name]

And with [name]Penelope[/name];
[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Isadora[/name] - I love all of these so much, it is really hard to choose but my top two would be [name]Isadora[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Beatrix[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Darius[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Ilias[/name]- this is ok, I just think it sounds feminine with [name]Penelope[/name], like [name]Amaryllis[/name] or a name like that, I know it is a variation of [name]Elijah[/name], but depending on where you live, especially if lily is rampant there I would go with something else or definitely use it in the mn spot.
[name]Penelope[/name] & Theoren- I would go with [name]Theodore[/name] as a fn instead but you said it was out, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] together, sorry. I like [name]Darius[/name] Theoren, its good as mn I feel.

Once you tell me your opinions I will share mine. :wink:

I love your daughters name! You have great fun taste! Can’t wait to hear your take or where you’re at in the process. :slight_smile:

My votes are for [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Darius[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]! I love those both with [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isla[/name]… great combos and they make a great sibset.

love [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Opal[/name] or Theoren [name]Flynn[/name]
So, [name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] & Theoren

I love [name]Opal[/name] and think it works very well.

So here is my update on my current faves;

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isla[/name] & [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Esme[/name] (I think they work and look great together)

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isla[/name] & Theoren [name]Flynn[/name] ([name]Ilias[/name] [name]Flynn[/name] is a close second)

[name]Do[/name] you have any suggestions for other middle names that work with [name]Beatrix[/name]. I would like to see if I can find something that flows better.

[name]Do[/name] you know if the spelling of Theoren is legitimate? Or is it made up? Should I be sticking with [name]Theron[/name]? And what do you think about a two syllable first name with a two syllable last name? Should I be looking for a three syllable name instead?

Thanks!

[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]-sounds perfect with [name]Penelope[/name]. You have to have something that is classic but unique to go with [name]PEnelope[/name]-and [name]Beatrice[/name] is.

So here is my update on my current faves;

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isla[/name] & [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Esme[/name] (I think they work and look great together)- I agree! The only thing is that the s sound in the x in [name]Beatrix[/name] kind of repeats in [name]Esme[/name] so it sounds kind of like [name]Beatrix[/name] Says [name]May[/name] when I say it out loud.
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isla[/name] & Theoren [name]Flynn[/name] ([name]Ilias[/name] [name]Flynn[/name] is a close second)- I prefer [name]Ilias[/name] [name]Flynn[/name] and I’ll explain below where you address Theoren.

[name]Do[/name] you have any suggestions for other middle names that work with [name]Beatrix[/name]. I would like to see if I can find something that flows better. - Are you saying it bee-trix or bee- a-trix because that could affect flow. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is pretty and the first thing I thought of. If you wanted to use a fn you crossed off I think [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Isadora[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Theodora[/name] are nice.

[name]Do[/name] you know if the spelling of Theoren is legitimate? Or is it made up? Should I be sticking with [name]Theron[/name]? And what do you think about a two syllable first name with a two syllable last name? Should I be looking for a three syllable name instead?

• I was prn it wrong as [name]Theo[/name]-ren and I thought it was either a typo or different spelling for maybe [name]Theron[/name] (I was guessing). So those are the draw backs that I see. I think a 3 syllable name like [name]Ilias[/name] or [name]Darius[/name] would be wonderful. You could even do a one syllable if you wanted with a 3 syllable mn. I saw [name]Sebastian[/name] on your list earlier! I love it with [name]Penelope[/name] and nns [name]Seb[/name] and [name]Baz[/name]/[name]Bas[/name]

Thanks!