We have two names! I think...

I’ve posted before about the difficulty my DH and I were having agreeing on a name and we seem to actually have two that we both like!!! And one in particular that I think is the front runner…my DH thinks it doesn’t matter what other people think about our daughter’s name, but I prefer to run it by people for a feel on how she will be received all her life! So, berries…what do you think?

1. [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
    • OR–
  1. [name_f]Anniston[/name_f]

2. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is in the #1 spot right now because I love its meaning and find it to be a uniquely pretty name. Only issue really is a middle name…and trying to guess what nicknames my in-laws will undoubtedly try to give her. ha. Our other daughters’ middle names are [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] and [name_f]Hope[/name_f]…but [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is already a virtue first name, so I don’t want to overdo it with something too virtue-y in the middle, RIGHT?! I have so far considered [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] or [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]…? ([name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_u]Jean[/name_u] are family names…[name_f]JeAnne[/name_f]? that’s weird…IDK)

3. [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] would surely get called [name_f]Annie[/name_f] by extended family, which I’m not crazy about. Or, [name_f]Ann[/name_f] …which is beloved grandma’s middle name. But [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] doesn’t have a great meaning, unless I go with the one site that said its tied to [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], meaning “resurrection.” It feels like it “goes” with our other daughters’ names, even though the sib set I’ve always gone for is classic, yet distinct from one another: [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_u]Devyn[/name_u], and [name_f]Selah[/name_f].

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is a great choice with your other daughters … I love it!

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] both work well imo. I don’t think you could go wrong with either as a middle. :slight_smile:

I think both names go well enough with your other daughters. I like [name_f]Verity[/name_f] a little more I think, because [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] makes me think a little of [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], but not overly so. My favorite is [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], which seems like a nice substitute for another virtue name. [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_f]Ann[/name_f] could combine to form [name_f]Jeanine[/name_f], or at more of a stretch [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] or [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. [name_f]Anju[/name_f] could be a unique possibility.

If you don’t like Annie then I’d go Verity. I feel like Annie would be a likely nickname choice for Anniston and she might even chose it in adulthood. I also think Verity ties the set together perfectly.

My guess for nicknames would be Vera.

For a middle how about Jeanette. It combines Jean and Ann pretty well. The other option could be to put Anniston in the middle. Verity Jeanette/Verity Anniston.

I love both names! However, I like [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] more…I think [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] is so refreshing and “fitting” with your other girls names. I know the struggle of falling in love with a name that has a meaning you dislike, but I always try to look past that if it’s “the one”.

100% [name_f]Verity[/name_f]!! I love it, it’s such a beautiful and unusual choice. Plus, I doubt I’ll ever associate [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] with anything other than [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] Aniston.

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is gorgeous and it works really well with the sibling names.

I like [name_f]Verity[/name_f]. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is lovely

Definitely [name_f]Verity[/name_f]! And it works well with the siblings. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is lovely, and I also like [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]. [name_f]Ann[/name_f] doesn’t go so well with it I think.

Vote for [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] but I also don’t like [name_f]Annie[/name_f], though [name_f]Anna[/name_f] could be a nickname?

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] or [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] gets my vote! I’m just not a fan of [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] and I feel it’s likely she’d get called [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] or [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] would be my vote

I prefer [name_f]Verity[/name_f] personally! [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] sounds nice, but I always get hung up on [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] Aniston and I always wonder, in the back of my head, if the parents who choose it are HUGE fans lol. I’m just not the type to love celebrity surnames, but it does have a nice sound. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is the redeeming factor of it for me, though, personally, so if you aren’t keen, I would definitely go for [name_f]Verity[/name_f]! She’s so unexpected and lovely, and has a nice meaning, to boot. Though you’ve always used virtue middles, maybe it could just be a virtue name in general. Something like [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Peace[/name_u] or [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Temperance[/name_f] might be weird, she would still be getting a virtue name (and a beautiful one at that!), and so I don’t think she’d be left out at all. :slight_smile: I think both [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] are lovely, or even something like [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Maria[/name_f], or [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]? Or maybe something more unisex, to fit in with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_u]Devyn[/name_u], like [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Madison[/name_u], or even [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Anniston[/name_f]?

I do admit that [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] does feel like a better match with sisters [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_u]Devyn[/name_u], and [name_f]Selah[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Selah[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] are a perfect match, and I don’t think sibsets matter quite so much as truly loving the name you choose!

Good luck!

I prefer [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] with your set but, on its own, I like [name_f]Verity[/name_f] more.

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is beautiful!! Seriously, I love it. A nickname will come naturally and there is no sense worrying about it. It might be V or [name_f]Vera[/name_f] or Itty or something you won’t even see coming. [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] is a fine middle name too if that’s meaningful to you.
I actually think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] goes better with your other girls too. It kind of matches with [name_f]Selah[/name_f] in a pretty, vintage vibe to balance out the more unisex modern [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_u]Devyn[/name_u]. I think [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_u]Devyn[/name_u], [name_f]Selah[/name_f] and [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] leaves [name_f]Selah[/name_f] out as the only vintage choice… disclaimer: I also don’t think sib sets are important. It’s more important each individual has a good name as most of their lives they won’t be seen as an extension of their family of origin.

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] for sure! I love [name_f]Verity[/name_f] and I think it works well as a first name. I think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] would work fine, or [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

Thank you everyone for your responses! They’re so helpful.

The greatest reminder for me was that a sibling set doesn’t need to always “go” - in fact, I don’t like super matchy sib sets anyway, I try to avoid that. But remembering that all names don’t have to flow perfectly because each child will grow to be her own individual is good to remember…I think [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] was on our list simply because if seemed a better fit with our other daughters’ names, but it is [name_f]Verity[/name_f] we truly love.

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] was almost our 3rd daughter’s middle name…

DH has ruled out [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] because the sound reminds him of “Raggedy [name_f]Ann[/name_f]” lol
So, [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is at the top of the list…our last name is a four letter, one syllable name which isn’t my favorite when paired with [name_u]Dove[/name_u]…but how often to you say your kids entire name all together? I don’t. And [name_u]Dove[/name_u] I think actually ties in with our girls’ theme Bible verse where we got the rest of their middles…"[name_f]May[/name_f] the God of [name_f]Hope[/name_f] fill you with all [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and [name_u]Peace[/name_u] (harmony) as you trust in Him so you may overflow by the power of the Holy [name_f]Spirit[/name_f]." Romans 15:13 [name_u]Dove[/name_u] has often been used as a symbol of the Holy [name_f]Spirit[/name_f] and if we had a boy, his name would’ve been [name_m]Callum[/name_m] meaning ‘dove’…

I love [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]! It sounds like the name with the most meaning for you, and is so lovely! I agree [name_f]Vera[/name_f] is a likely nn but you could steer it other places if you didn’t like it.

I don’t think you’ll be saying the full name much after the first announcements so as long as [name_f]Verity[/name_f] and ln go, I wouldn’t worry!

I love it!