We have two (we think!) - which would you choose?

See the results of this poll: Please choose your favorite!

Respondents: 81 (This poll is closed)

• Margot Katherine : 27 (29%)
  • Margot Violet : 26 (28%)
  • Esme Katherine : 17 (18%)
  • Esme Violet : 14 (15%)
  • Keep looking!!!: 10 (11%)

I voted for [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], I just low the flow and sound of it.

I know [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is a family name, but for some reason when I say [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], it doesn’t work for me.

I love [name_f]Esme[/name_f]! I voted for [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] although both are nice but I think using an honour name trumps other choices (especially if the person being honouring is still with us).

They’re both great names I think your poll might end up being evenly split.

I like the way [name_f]Margot[/name_f] sounds better. It’s fun to say and sounds spunky and intelligent. Either middle sounds nice. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] makes [name_f]Margot[/name_f] sound more fun and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] sounds more mature.

I voted [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], though [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is lovely too. As pp said, it depends on the vibe you’re going for. I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] flows really well and sounds very sophisticated, while [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a choppier, spunkier choice.

I like [name_f]Esme[/name_f] too but it’s becoming very popular and I do love an -o ending girls’ name! But you have a gorgeous selection there.

I love all your names, but since [name_f]Margot[/name_f] shares the -t ending, I prefer your other options.

I chose [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the spunkiness of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and the flow of both the first and middle name! Great choices!

I actually prefer [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] feels kind of old lady-ish to me. In the US, [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is still pretty rare, not sure where you live. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is beautiful! [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] works, too, but [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is too common for my tastes! Good luck!

I voted for [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], I think it flows together and makes it a cute, spunky name!!!

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] got my vote. The combo is lovely.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is problematic because it sounds really unfamiliar on my tongue when I say it out loud, and, well, just wrong. Let me explain. When I say [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] it sounds as if I should be saying “[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]”, but the middle syllables became totally garbled. I don’t like the way it looks either, when both names end in “t” and yet one is silent.

I don’t like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] with [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], either, as a formal name. It seems imbalanced. I’d prefer to see [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] called [name_f]Margot[/name_f] for short, or else [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], too, it feels perfect! But it’s so trendy that it doesn’t seem special to me. If you aren’t totally sure about these names and they aren’t really special to you, then maybe I’d keep looking.

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is beautiful. Perhaps [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] might look a touch more stylish.

1. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (if that were a possibility)

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is lovely!

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is so lovely and I really like the link to her sisters name, My second choice would be [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] the most.

While [name_f]Esme[/name_f] isn’t my style, both [name_f]Esme[/name_f] combos have a nice flow.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is lovely. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is not my style.

If you are evenly split between the two names but your husband has a preference for one I think you should go with that one. Although it’s possible the reason that you haven’t done that is because you actually have some preference for the other name. In that case it’s not so clear. I personally prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f] because sounds fashionable without being too popular, although it’s also possible that it is sneakily more popular than it seems if any of the girls being named [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] have it as a nickname. It feels more timeless than [name_f]Esme[/name_f], which feels very trendy to me. I picked the middle [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] because of the family connection but now that I think about it some more I prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f] because I like the sibling connection more… But I was never much one for honor names.

I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]:)!!